caubeen

Default James Ponise (Pinisi)

James Ponise/pinisi was born on sea on or about 1823. He apparently married Eliza McDonnell and one known daughter was a Mary who married a Samuel Adams. James may have lived in Ballycastle at one time. I am trying to find out where my Great Grandfather came from, as he is reported to have been Born at Sea. I have been told it may have been Italy. What became of his parents. Would appreciate any help anyone could give me.

Caubeen.

Jan1954

Hi Caubeen,

I knew that the name rang a bell. It is very similar to the names mentioned in this thread and even the name PONISE is mentioned. I wonder if there could be a connection?

Also, if you find that Italy is a definite link, the Anglo-Italian Family History Society may be able to assist.

caubeen

im quite new to this so it wii take anyone answering me to be patient with me ,thank you kindly for your help caubeen

caubeen

Default james ponisi/pinisi

really need someone to help me on this ? its really confusing me as im so new to this thanm you

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I knew that the name rang a bell. It is very similar to the names mentioned in this thread and even the name PONISE is mentioned. I wonder if there could be a connection?
    Did you realise that Jan was showing you another page with information on the Ponisi/pinisi Family? Click on this link:
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...stell-Cornwall

Links are usually in blue & if you click on it a new site will open up.
    There is quite a lot of info on this other thread, you can decide if it's the same family as you are searching for.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

mcnally123

Hi I am researching the Ponisi family my husbands great grand parents and great great grandparents to my children, I cant believe I have found this site I know what happened to your james ponisi born on sea lived in belfast and died here in1908, please reply to this i would love to chat with you about this.

julieann belfast

Default ponisi

[QUOTE=caubeen;532120]really need someone to help me on this ? its really confusing me as im so new to this thanm you[/QUOTE

https://1drv.ms/b/s!An0hezzAPCKwhyMBx5puRbzl-U-U

A book written by Frank Toner regarding the Ponisi family.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Stephen,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Frank has obviously put a lot of work into the book, but I note that on page 267 he admits that he hasn't found anything about the parents of James of Ballycastle born 1823.

There is a mis-quoted link in the book (page 14). This the correct link.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...stell-Cornwall

I've deleted your other two posts which were basically a repeat of your first post.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”