Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mutley

Well this hobby certainly takes us around and about.
    On your other threads you have shown an interest in schools and schoolmasters, while searching for one of them, I found a reference on the edenlinks.co.uk site under Brough:
    1829 ACADEMIES
    Lascelles, Geo. Gentlemen’s boarding
    Have not got a clue what it means but I'll throw it in your pot. Might be useful.

gimmerlamb

Thank you, this is the chap. His wife was the daughter of another School teacher, and evidently Mrs Lascelles also took "young ladies", after George Lascelles died Elizabeth went back to school teaching and one of her daughters became a school teacher.

carole&tony

Hi we are researching the Lascelles also we are interested in George Lascelles he was 1803 Thrintoft and baptised 25th July 1803 Ainderby Steeple, Yorkshire, England. came to a stumbling bloke to who his father was. Thought his father was William one of the illegitimate children of George Lascelles the grandson of Daniel Lascelles of Stankhall MP for Northallerton . should you be interested in our findings please contact us at: ctovcrook AT ymail DOT com

regards Tony and Carole
    Last edited by Jan1954; 06-09-2012 at 7:29 PM. Reason: Email address edited in order to deter spammers

carole&tony

the Mrs Lascelles that went back to teaching after her husbands death was my 3x great grandmother and her daughter who was a teacher was Martha Florence my 2x great grandmother
    regards carole

gimmerlamb

Oh this is getting exciting, thank you for getting in touch,
    I went to NYCRO and checked the parish registers for Ainderby Steeple, I only had time to look through a few years but this is what I found, it seems that the George who went to Brough was possibly the son of a William
    From Ainderby Steeple P regs
    Marriages 1801 William Lascelles and Jane ?Calvert? both of this parish by licence 10th June
    then in Baptisms
    1803 20 July George s.o. William and Jane Lascelles of Thrintoft
    1802 2 April Anne Ellen d.o. Wm & Jane

then in Burials
    1800 13 Jan George Lascelles of Thrintoft
    1804 10 July Anne Ellen d.o. Wm & Jane
    1805 2 March Jane wife of William Lascelles of Thrintoft.

then in marriages
    1808 11 August William Lascelles and Rebecca Coxson both of this parish by licence

another baptism
    1811 19 June Jane d.o. Rebecca widow of William Lascelles of Thrintoft lately deceased
    so back to Burials
    1811 20 April William Lascelles of Thrintoft.

comments about what happened to the family after that welcome

afakley

I have read these threads with great interest; I believe that George Lascelles bn 1804 was my four-times great grandfather. My lineage appears to be:

George Lascelles bn c1804 Thrintoft
    George Lascelles bn c1830 Bough
    Thomas Lascelles bn 1867 Byers Green
    George Lascelles bn 1892 Byers Green
    Margaret Ann Lascelles bn 1913 Byers Green
    Bernard Edward Fakley bn 1940 Byers Green
    Alan Lascelles Fakley bn 1963 Folkestone Kent (me)

If any one requires any help please let me know - some of my data is not yet verified so please take into account.

carole&tony

Default Re Lascelles Family.

Quote Originally Posted by afakley View Post
    I have read these threads with great interest; I believe that George Lascelles bn 1804 was my four-times great grandfather. My lineage appears to be:

George Lascelles bn c1804 Thrintoft
    George Lascelles bn c1830 Bough
    Thomas Lascelles bn 1867 Byers Green
    George Lascelles bn 1892 Byers Green
    Margaret Ann Lascelles bn 1913 Byers Green
    Bernard Edward Fakley bn 1940 Byers Green
    Alan Lascelles Fakley bn 1963 Folkestone Kent (me)

If any one requires any help please let me know - some of my data is not yet verified so please take into account.
    Hi Alan.
    You have hit pay dirt so to speak, my wife Carole is also linked to the same George L bn 1804 Thrintoft, it was infact 1803. she would be very pleased to assist with details and also very pleased to communicate with you as it has long been an hope of hers that she would find some of the Lascelles family from Byers Green, which we live very close to within 2 miles in fact. Please Email us at this address the AT being @ due to site not allowing the insertion of full Email address's so here is the mail address ctovcrookATymail.com
    regards Tony C

Lascelles

I believe that the George Lascelles who died in 1800 was born in Barbados in 1722, died 1800 at Northallerton, and was described as unmarried. He was the second son of George Lascelles (1681-1729), who predeceased his father Daniel. Daniel had three sons who survived to adulthood, George, Henry and Edward. Edward's son, also Edward, became the first Earl of Harewood in 1812

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12