Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    wallydog

Default Requesting help for passenger shipping lists

Hi I've been researching my family tree and have got as far back a 1871 on the census. I am now trying to find out about an ancestor called Pedro Blanco born 1838 - nationality Spaniard - coming into Liverpool port!
    Any info greatly received!
    Thanks
    Kerry

Brick wall demolition expert!

I have a similar problem, albeit it little later, from Italy. There are a lot of records for emigration from the UK to North America and the Antipodes but very little for any other movements. Clearly the volume of movements dictates the importance of those available but I am unsure whether any record exists for these more local relocations.

The LDS Family Search does have quite a number of Pedro Blanco's born at about the right time. Family naming might provide a clue on these especially if you know a place rather than just Spain

https://familysearch.org/

Reputation beyond repute

Have you read the National Archives on Immigrants?

You'll be hard pressed to find incoming passenger shipping records before 1878 and even then they only covered arrivals from outside Europe. However some possible other sources are given.

Is this the Pedro Blanco, ship's broker, wife Martha on the '71 Census.

Have you checked the marriage cert of a Pedro Blanco, Birkenhead, Sep 1868, 8a 650? On the same page is a Martha Kendall.
    The cert might (no guarantee) provide Pedro's father's name to help link to any LDS records.

jac65

Hi

Pedro Blanco married Martha Kendall 20th Aug 1868 at St Hillarys Church, Wallasey, Cheshire.

Grooms father - Felipe Santiago Blanco
    Brides father - Isaac Kendall

This is from the Cheshire Parish Registers on Familysearch. You can access the image of the Parish Register on Findmypast.

Andy

Starting to feel at home

Thanks jac65 for that information. Sorry for long delay - I had a break from research and also moved to Australia!!( hence the new name)
    I didn't know the father of Pedro but have recently discovered Martha's father.
    Still can't find any records of birth for Pedro or his brother Francisco (Emilia's father). Not sure how to access them as census say for Emilio born in Phillipine Islands.

Starting to feel at home

Bump - still looking

Had you spotted?

Liverpool Echo, 10 Jan 1889
    DEATHS
    BLANCO - December 17, 1888, at Pau, South of France, Pedro Blanco, late of Liverpool: deeply regretted
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Famous for offering help & advice

Here is the Acte de décès :

Give me time to translate, but the gist is he died 17th December 1888, age 50, born in the Philippines, spouse of Martha Kendall, at 6 rue Orleans. Pau.

Starting to feel at home

Oh wow 😮
    Thanks so much for finding this.
    That’s why I couldn’t find a census record for him!
    Where did you find it please?😊
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post
    Here is the Acte de décès :

Give me time to translate, but the gist is he died 17th December 1888, age 50, born in the Philippines, spouse of Martha Kendall, at 6 rue Orleans. Pau.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast