Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quinlan

Starting to feel at home

Thank you Elwyn I was no aware of that, I will have to go to Dublin at some point. Thanks again

Starting to feel at home

Hi Raffaele thank you again, I have tried to find those births using the site given but cannot, when you say predate which date did you mean? thanks again

Starting to feel at home

H Grisel thank you for researching that, I had managed to find that information, I have all the information on the children also, it is the marriage of the parents that is still presenting me with problems. Can you suggest any more sites? Thanks again

Starting to feel at home

Thanks for that Maurice .
    How do I start a new post please
    Maurice

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by maurice1953 View Post
    Thanks for that Maurice .
    How do I start a new post please
    Maurice
    You posted before I could ask 'do you mean a new post or a new thread?' and explain that if it was about the same person you just continue to add to the current thread; if it was about someone else then you start a new thread. That's done by finding the forum you want to post in, and then just beneath the orange banner about searching FWR records, on the left-hand side of the page there's a 'post new thread' button, which you click.

As you should have noticed, I've moved your post about Patrick Sullivan to a new thread. , , , ,
    which is where I now say some very rude words. I was about to post the link to the new thread and find that for unknown reason I've managed to delete the post instead. I am so sorry. I have no idea what went wrong.

However, I was going to reply to your new post by asking the following questions:
    1. Where did your information about Patrick's date and place of birth, and his parents came from?
    I remember there were several words before Co.Kerry and it would be helpful if you could clarify which of those is the parish/town etc, as it makes it easier for those of us whose knowledge of Irish geography puts us at the bottom of the class.

2. You said that you'd looked at Ellis Island and port of Boston records. I presume from that that Patrick emigrated to the States. Have you found him in the US census? Do you know for a fact that he went to the US and not Canada, or elsewhere? Do you have any idea when he might have emigrated? Read the opening paragraph
    https://www.statueofliberty.org/elli...rview-history/

The castlegarden.org website 'is taking too long to respond' so I can't give any further help in that direction at the moment, other than to suggest that you do an internet search for 'Castle Garden' and see what other hits you get. This blog from Family Search seems quite useful.
    https://www.familysearch.org/en/blog...n-ellis-island

If you could include the answers to my questions in your new thread it will save someone having to ask
    them.

Again, my apologies for deleting, instead of moving, your post.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

Happy New Year to all.
    I am looking for Patrick Sullivan born 4 Jan 1868 Fermoyle Sneem Kenmare CoKerry Ireland his parents were
    John Sullivan and Ann Noonan, I found this information in Sneem RC Church and in Irish Genealogy .
    I have tried these 2 new email address you send me and found nothing.
    I am very sorry for not getting it right the first time , hope I am forgiven .
    Regards
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by maurice1953 View Post
    Happy New Year to all.
    I am looking for Patrick Sullivan born 4 Jan 1868 Fermoyle Sneem Kenmare CoKerry Ireland his parents were
    John Sullivan and Ann Noonan, I found this information in Sneem RC Church and in Irish Genealogy .
    I have tried these 2 new email address you send me and found nothing.
    I am very sorry for not getting it right the first time , hope I am forgiven .
    Regards
    Maurice
    Nothing to forgive, Maurice. It wasn't a major error on your part, and something that should have been easy to correct.
    However, you are going to get a slap on the wrist this time because you failed to start a new thread as per the instructions in my first paragraph in post #15.

What is totally weird is that this time I was determined that I would not lose your post so instead of just 'moving' it I 'copied' it (which meant that the original stayed in this thread). Thank goodness I did, because although the 'copy' went smoothly for some reason it's not showing as a new thread. So it would seem that it's not something that I did wrong, but a glitch in the system. I will alert the techie people and for the moment leave Patrick where he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Nothing to forgive, Maurice. It wasn't a major error on your part, and something that should have been easy to correct.
    However, you are going to get a slap on the wrist this time because you failed to start a new thread as per the instructions in my first paragraph in post #15.

What is totally weird is that this time I was determined that I would not lose your post so instead of just 'moving' it I 'copied' it (which meant that the original stayed in this thread). Thank goodness I did, because although the 'copy' went smoothly for some reason it's not showing as a new thread. So it would seem that it's not something that I did wrong, but a glitch in the system. I will alert the techie people and for the moment leave Patrick where he is.
    Well, forget all that rubbish, Maurice.
    The good news is that I did successfully transfer both of your posts about Patrick Quinlan to their own thread. The bad news is that we now have two threads for him, so I'm going to have to delete one because two for the same person are not allowed. I will delete the earlier one, and leave the one you posted today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12