Thread: James Rankin

Knowledgeable and helpful

Default James Rankin

Hello there

James Rankin was born in Elgin Scotland 1886 parents John Rankin and Margaret Allen.
    James married my gt grandmother Helen Casey (miss Fox) she had been married before to Francis Casey and had two children with him, one being my grandmother and Helen Casey who died aged 22 in 1921.
    James and Helen married in Glasgow 1908 and went on to have 3 more children. James "adopted" my grandmother and her sister and they took the name Rankin.
    After Helen died in 1946 in Essex England James emigrated to New Zealand and married Gwen ? It seems most of his family emigrated there early on. He died in Wanganui in 1971.

Anyone with any connection to him i would like to hear from.

Tracey

ansus

My Great Grandmother was Margaret Ann Rankin a sister to James I would love to share what details I have and find out more about the Rankin's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Caseys View Post
    Hello there

James Rankin was born in Elgin Scotland 1886 parents John Rankin and Margaret Allen.
    James married my gt grandmother Helen Casey (miss Fox) she had been married before to Francis Casey and had two children with him, one being my grandmother and Helen Casey who died aged 22 in 1921.
    James and Helen married in Glasgow 1908 and went on to have 3 more children. James "adopted" my grandmother and her sister and they took the name Rankin.
    After Helen died in 1946 in Essex England James emigrated to New Zealand and married Gwen ? It seems most of his family emigrated there early on. He died in Wanganui in 1971.

Anyone with any connection to him i would like to hear from.

Tracey

A fountain of knowledge

I've had a look on the NZ Marriages cd 1836-1956 for James Rankin. There are (1943-1956) 6 however none are married to a Gwen.
    Does he or she have a middle name?

Hello Chisel

Thank you for responding to this very old thread ( 5 years old now). You are right he was married to an Annie, details of whom i would rather not be posted on thread as she does have living children.
    No need to keep looking on my behalf, thanks anyway.
    Chasing Caseys

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi there. This is a very old post I'm responding to but I think James Rankin was my paternal grandfather. My father was John James Rankin (Jack) who was born in 1916 and died in 1975. He had sisters Maggie and Mona. I was told my grandfather moved to Wanganui, New Zealand and I'm sure his wife was called Gwen. Just thought I'd reply though too late I guess.

Hi there,

I’m still around. Just not been researching for some time now. I’m not sure I can work out who you are - yet !
    Chasing Caseys