Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sueannbowen

Default Website for IGI batch numbers

A chap called Steve Archer has created a separate database for IGI batch numbers and included some that were not listed by Hugh Wallace. The site is free to use and can be found at www.archersoftware.co.uk/igi/. The home page is very helpful with guidance, a map and drop down menus. There is also a useful description of what has changed between the old Familysearch website and that rubbish (my opinion :0 ) new one. The method of selecting and searching specific parishes is very similar to Hugh Wallace and the whole thing is easy to use.

Check it out and see what you think.120

Knowledgeable and helpful

Bookmarked that thanks for the heads up

gasser

The method of selecting and searching specific parishes is very similar to Hugh Wallace and the whole thing is easy to use.
    Totally agree ....found it very user friendly. Thanks for the link.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Taa Sue, always room for newies.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

MythicalMarian

Thank you SO much for finding this! I had a bunch of baps from the published registers of Nantwich that I just could NOT find again, and I knew I'd indexed them at the time. They're all there again now.

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalMarian View Post
    Thank you SO much for finding this! I had a bunch of baps from the published registers of Nantwich that I just could NOT find again, and I knew I'd indexed them at the time. They're all there again now.
    You are most welcome - these things are very frustrating!

Famous for offering help & advice

If, like me you, are using Internet Explorer, then the county pages take hours to open. The site recommends you click 'tools' then 'compatability view'. I have no idea exactly what this does but it does allow the pages to open speedily.

Mitch

Colin Rowledge

I have I.E.7 - will this new site work with it?

Completely when it comes to computers - and almost, everything else - which is why I am reluctant to try it.

Mutley

It is a work in progress but looks really good so far. I like the way it gives you a church or place and the year that the records are available for it. If you are looking for 1860 and it only has 1816 that should save hours.

Sadly, two of the London links are not quite right, one took me to Australia and the other to Germany but Rome wasn't built in day so I will bear with it because I always preferred the Hugh Wallis site for searches and this could be even better.

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    I have I.E.7 - will this new site work with it
    Give it a try Colin and then let us know! Click and see what happens walk on the wild
    side!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast