Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Colin Rowledge

According to information gleaned from one of my connections to this family, Sarah -John and Ann's youngest daughter - was born 3rd q. 1853 in Abbey-Cymhir and married George Lloyd 2nd q. 1877. They had 7 children - John [1878], Sarah [1881], Esther [1885], George [1887], Price [1888], Maurice [1890] and Ada [1891]. George was a farmer and was born in Lambister. He died 1 September 1893 in Llanganillo, Radnorshire.

John [father of Sarah] according to the 1871 census was a widower.

I think you may have found the wrong Sarah. I only received this information on Sarah and George a short while ago and shoul have posted it, but didn't think it relevant.

Sorry.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    Jane Evans is my 2X Gt.-Grandmother and married Thomas Digby Fanning on 16 March 1865 in Bloomsbury St. George. They were both of full age and were married after Banns. She named her father as John Evans still living and his occupation was a Farmer.

IF I have the right family, her father married Ann Whilding on 3 April 1833 in St. Harmon, Radnorshire, after Banns.

Can the Whiz-kids at B-G assist us?

Colin
    Well - the Whiz-kids have done a great job and I am left with one glaring possibility or most likely probability.

It appears I've been chasing the wrong family - "fuddle duddle" -as an old Prime Minister once was quoted.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Well, my friends, Romans and countrymen, [as well as those who may not be impressed with me], I want to turn the ATTENTION AROUND - RATHER THAN CHASE A POSSIBLE FICTION, 1 am asking that all information posted about Jane prior to 1861 and posted be discounted [at present].

I will come back shortly - so in the interim, please don't waste any more time until I come back.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Having decided that much of the information I had obtained from outside of the B-G forum was a load of garbage, this is what I want to start with - see below:

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    Jane Evans is my 2X Gt.-Grandmother and married Thomas Digby Fanning on 16 March 1865 in Bloomsbury St. George. They were both of full age and were married after Banns. She named her father as John Evans still living and his occupation was a Farmer.

Colin
    Obviously, I have her and Thomas after their marriage but what of her prior?

The most likely - for 1861 is in the 1861 census - where she is working as a Domestic Servant and aged 27, born in Rhayader. The reference is RG9/ piece 166/ folio 97/ page 26 - crown copyright TNA

Future census records support the place of birth as either Rhayader or Radnorshire:
    1871 - RG10/851/21/36 - Radnorshire and age 36
    1881 - RG11/829/59/57 - Radnorshire Rhydor and age 44
    1891 - RG12/597/140/52 - Rhaydon Radnorshire and age 57

I have her death certificate and informant was her husband. Her age as of 15 May 1898 was 65.

Can we find her birth parents and baptism?

Colin Rowledge

To complete the rest of the census information after her death in 1898, her husband continued to live at the same address as can be found in 1891

Their son, Alfred Digby in 1891 was unmarried, age 24, a clerk and lived with his parents. On 30 March 1893 Alfred Digby married Ellen Ackerman and by 1901 they had produced 4 children. The image of the 1901 census has Alfred noted as Albert and it was as Albert that Administration of the estate of Thomas was granted on 20 February 1907. Thomas died 26 January 1907.

Colin Rowledge

Reviewing and reactivating this thread - particularly what I said in the opening posts and also posts 14 & 15 - has got me wondering - were her parents John and Ann EVANS formely Whilding?

When Jane married 16 March 1865 in Bloomsbury St. George, she indicated that she was of full age and that her father was John Evans - a Farmer. When she died on 15 May 1898 her age was stated as 65 which would make her year of birth about 1833.

In my opinion this whole thing hinges on her baptism. which I have not been able to find.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

One of the witnesses at the wedding of John Evans and Ann Whilding on 3 April 1833 was a chap by the name of Jeremiah Whilding who would appear to be the brother of Ann and was an Ag. Labourer. I believe he was named after his father and was born abt 1806.

Colin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12