toyotakev

Default EDDY; in various spellings!!!

Hi
    Just joined today; living now in Southern Switzerland; born in Bedford; and all my ancestors are from the Bedford area!
    At the moment, Stewkley and Silsoe, but for some strange reason, these are the only 2 parishes which have no records on C.D. from the Bedford Genealogical Society!
    Does anyone out there know where they might be, or cme across them, the years around 1720-1800 would be very very helpfull indeed!

Many Thanks for any suggestions, and happy searching to you all

Kevin John Eddy-Sapienza

Colin Rowledge

As I mentioned earlier - my Eddy family came from Cornwall.

It started with William James in Sancreed, Cornwall and he married Margaret Ann Matthews in Sancreed on 2 March 1856.

If, during the course of your research, you find these names I can provide details of this family after that marriage.

Colin

Reputation beyond repute

At the moment, Stewkley and Silsoe, but for some strange reason, these are the only 2 parishes which have no records on C.D. from the Bedford Genealogical Society!
    I answered this in your earlier message

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ious-spellings!!!

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    I answered this in your earlier message

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ious-spellings!!!
    So, Stewkley is in Buck.'s not Bed.'s after all.

One of my Eddy lot - Jane Pascoe Eddy - after marriage, spending time in the U.S where she had a daughter, Mary Jane, returned with her husband and daughter to Newylyn, Cornwall where he was a Tool-maker by trade. After his death on March 28, 1962 it appears that she later settled near Aylebury Buck.'s, which is where I believe her daughter, now married, was living.

Jane Pascoe Jenkin [her married name] died in Jan-Mar q. 1984 Chiltern and Beaconsfield R.D which appears to cover the Aylesbury and Stewkley area.

Does any of this fit in with your recent family members rather ancestors?

Colin

davidcarca

At that time Silsoe wasn't a parish, just a hamlet in the parish of Flitton, so it's Flitton records you need to look for. Baptisms and marriages have been extracted onto the IGI.

And Stewkley is in Bucks which is why Beds FHS hasn't got the records

David