Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nicolina

Quote Originally Posted by mfwebb View Post
    The "electricity board" doesn't ring me but the "gas board" does occasionally, offering me cheap deals on my gas. I don't know whether these are genuine calls or not but a little homework would tell them our village doesn't have gas. It's not a village really and it's not big enough to be called a hamlet -- so we call it an egg-let
    you don't need to have a gas supply, Malcolm. I got a call from the gas board offering me a cheaper tarrif - for my electricity. Ended up saving quite a bit when I took advantage of their offer (over £200 in the first year).

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

In the early 1990's, in the good old, bad old days of cold calling......I always got called around 6pm. Tea time/dinner time(a ploy used quite a lot).

Anyway.......I had the usual double glazing call, for what seemed the 100th time. So as I was eating my dinner, I gave the usual....'Oh really'.....'That sounds good', type stuff now and again.
    This went on for nearly 45 minutes, and then he asked if I was interested in having double glazing.

'No thanks', I said......'I've had it done already'.

'You've wasted my time', he said quite angrily.

'You phoned me mate'......I replied.

He hung up on me..........how rude was that.

Steve.

Colin Rowledge

If, and it's a big IF I ever get my hearing restored to the point where I can use a telephone [rather than ignore it], I plan to use use some of these responses.

It'll be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicolina

you are lucky, Steve. My mother got a cold call about double-glazing at 11p.m. as my father was dying in hospital. He certainly didn't get the answer he was expecting and I bet he thought twice before calling anyone else at that time of night. She's not had another call, about double glazing since (10 years).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12