I am tracing Joseph WOOD who died 1816 in Botetourt County Virginia, USA. I found a family tree online that has him connected to a WOOD family from Herefordshire. I have not found proof that he belongs to this family.
The tree has him born 26 Mar 1745, Marden Herefordshire, England and the son of William WOOD and Mary CRISP. Joseph was married in 1766 in Cumberland, Virginia, USA to Martha EPPERSON, whose family is also said to be from England but came earlier as her parents, Francis and Martha CARDWELL EPPERSON were married in Virginia as well as their parents.
In a chancery court case in Charlotte County, Virginia, a brother to Joseph WOOD is mentioned as working with him as a carpenter. I do not know the name of the brother, although my guess is that it is a Thomas WOOD.
Joseph and Martha EPPERSON WOOD named their children in order, Carlos, Mary "Polly", Elizabeth "Betsy", Lucy, Ann, Martha, William Edward, Thomas, Sarah "Sally" Joseph Thomas, Francis, James H.
One mystery is that our WOOD line participated in a DNA study and it came out matching ROBERTSON, ROBERSON, ROBINSON rather than WOOD. Not clear at what point there was a ROBINSON in the WOODpile.

Thanks for any thoughts or pointers.

Patte WOOD
Lexington, Virginia, USA