Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Orielbenfro

St Issells Mrge
    John Childs a bach and Ann Smith a spinster both otp., married by banns with consent of parents this 26th day of October in the year one thousand eight hundred and sixteen By me Thomas Dalton Vicar. The mrge was solemnized between us John Childs and the mark (X) of Ann Smith. In the presence of Thomas Griffith and William Powell.

St Issells Bapt. 1790 - 1800
    06 Nov 1791 Ann dau of John Smith by Elizabeth his wife baptised
    10 Mar 1793 John son of John Childs by Ann his wife bapatised
    09 Aug 1793 John son of David Childs by Susannah his wife baptised

There is no mrge of an William Smith anywhere in any of a the very wide surrounding parishes to fit your requirements, the nearest I can find is William Smith to Anne Williams at H’west St Thomas in 1773 or William Smith to Ann Lewis at Rudbaxton in 1792.

Rgds
    Orielbenfro

yeaman175

Hello, I have just joined this site today after seeing your posting. I don't have any details of ancestors of John Childs either, but I am related to him. My Great Grandmother was the daughter of Elizabeth Childs b 1847, and she was the granddaughter of John Childs and Ann Smith, making John my 4x great grandfather.
    If I can be of any help regarding this branch of his family please let me know.

Regards,
    Steve

ttnut

Hi Steve
    It's lovely to hear from you, we must be some sort of cousins as Elizabeth's brother John born 16 Sept 1852 was my Great Grandfather! Am I right in thinking that Elizabeth married ----- Outhwaite? I've managed to follow up some of the branches of the family but by no means every one and am always interested to hear from any family members. Do let me know if you have any queries that I may possibly be able to help with. Did you see the link earlier in this post re the Saundersfoot/Mining Community which is very interesting?

Best wishes
    Hilary

yeaman175

Hi Hilary,
    It is great to hear from you too. I think we are 2nd cousins or something like that.
    You are right that Elizabeth married John Outhwaite, who was my great great grandfather. He was born in Settle, Yorkshire and moved to Wales to work at one of the iron works in Merthyr Tydfil. They had 3 children that I know of, Caroline 1868, Charles 1875 and Clara 1870-1930, born in Bootle, Lancs and who was my maternal great grandmother.
    I have John Childs married to Martha b. abt 1846, who had 3 children, Thomas 1876, Robert 1879 and Margaret 1880.
    I have screenshots of my tree showing the Childs' and Morris family as far as the late 1700's.
    If you send me your email address I will happily send the screenshots to you and more on my side of the family, and we can compare notes. You can contact me directly at: yeaman AT telfort DOT nl if you like.

best wishes,
    Steve
    Last edited by Jan1954; 07-11-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Email address edited in the continuing war against spammers...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12