Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Mutley
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannemois View Post
    Peggy died 2004
    Thanks for all suggestions, much appreciated; something to keep me occupied on a wet day.
    Regards, Roy
    Don't forget that if she died 24 Dec 2004, the registration may be in the March quarter of 2005.

  2. #12
    Starting to feel at home
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    69

    Default Peggy Bailey

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannemois View Post
    Peggy died 2004
    Thanks for all suggestions, much appreciated; something to keep me occupied on a wet day.
    Regards, Roy
    Peggy Bailey was supposedly linked to my family but I have never found the connection!
    Are you still looking for information?
    Gill

  3. #13
    Settled in very nicely!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lewisbeels View Post
    Peggy Bailey was supposedly linked to my family but I have never found the connection!
    Are you still looking for information?
    Gill
    The original poster hasn't visited since December 2012. May I suggest you send him a private message?

  4. #14

    Default Peggy Bailey was adopted by my grandfather

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannemois View Post
    Hi Graham
    Thanks for replying to my post. I have googled extensively and copied all details found; I am interested in the groups girl singer namely "Peggy Bailey" who Bill Campbell married later. Unfortunately there is very little mentioned on her which is why I chose to post here, you never know, a fan, even a relative, just might read my request.
    Best regards, Roy
    Dear Roy
    Peggy Bailey was adopted by my grandfather William Bailey just before the second world war thus her name change.
    She joined a family of five children my mother Catherine Bailey(married name Murphy),William Bailey, Noni Bailey all from mother Nora Bailey(nee McCarthy)and John and Maureen Bailey from his second unmarried partnership with their mother.
    They lived in Queensbury in North London at the time.
    According to my mum they were a very musical family and used to have musical evenings every weekend after a good cycle to Windsor.
    My mum left her dad's home in Queensbury when she was 15 to live with her mother in Campden Town and lost contact with her second family but my uncle Bill kept in contact and told us that Peggy moved to Canada and lived with her family in Ontario.

    regards
    Karen

  5. #15
    Super Moderator christanel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wairarapa New Zealand
    Posts
    9,812

    Default

    Hi Karen and welcome to the Brit-Gen forums.
    Roy hasn't visited the forums since December 2014 but hopefully he is still using the same email address as he had back then and will receive notification of your post. It would be a shame for him to miss out on the vital piece of information you have provided and thank you for taking the time to join and provide it.
    Sending a private message (pm) is another way to get in touch and you do this by clicking on Roy's avatar and choosing Private message from the drop down menu. However this also relies on the person still using the same email address.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

  6. #16
    Starting to feel at home
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Wales Mid-Glamorgan
    Posts
    45

    Default Peggy Bailey

    Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hi Karen and welcome to the Brit-Gen forums.
    Roy hasn't visited the forums since December 2014 but hopefully he is still using the same email address as he had back then and will receive notification of your post. It would be a shame for him to miss out on the vital piece of information you have provided and thank you for taking the time to join and provide it.
    Sending a private message (pm) is another way to get in touch and you do this by clicking on Roy's avatar and choosing Private message from the drop down menu. However this also relies on the person still using the same email address.
    Christina
    Hello Karen
    Just to say I have received your message and I need to dig out my files on her before I answer fully and I will get back to you soon.

  7. #17
    Starting to feel at home
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Wales Mid-Glamorgan
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Hello Karen; Many of my contacts (including my mother) who lived in the same street as young Peggy have since passed away. I say young Peggy but as you will be aware Peggy Bailey was her stage name. I know she was related to the Davies family of Charles Street, Brithdir, in fact Peggy was a niece of Mrs Davies (nee Thomas) and I recall Mrs Davies kept a framed photo of 'Peggy' on her living room wall and she said Peggy's birth name was Margaret Elizabeth Thomas. Mrs Davies also said she married Bill Campbell. I have been told by others that Peggy's mother was Jane Watts; which has left me a little confused. You say Bill Campbell adopted Peggy; were they not married?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Select a file: