Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Loyal Grace McKenzie

I am looking for information on Loyal Grace McKenzie, he die 2 Oct 1964 aged 72 in Sydney his father is listed as Loyal McKenzie mother is listed as unknown He lived with Mary Armstrong Riddell ( I have posted about her on the Aberdeenshire Forum here) and they had 4 children in NSW, apparently he was a merchant seaman. He appears to have married in NSW in 1959. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by olliecat; 03-06-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: added link

Coromandel

Queensland BDMs have a Loyal Grace McKenzie marrying Elizabeth Stephenson in 1921.

In the Courier-Mail [Brisbane] of 7 June 1951, on Trove, there's a notice from Elizabeth McKenzie's solicitor, Leo J. Williams of Brisbane, announcing that the case between Elizabeth McKenzie, plaintiff, and Loyal Grace McKenzie, defendant, was to be tried 'before a Judge without a Jury' in the 'Supreme Court of Queensland Matrimonial Jurisdiction' on 18 June. Presumably these are divorce proceedings? At the end of the notice it says 'To the Defendant, Loyal Grace McKenzie': I don't know if the placement of such a notice was done just as a formality or if it implies that Loyal had disappeared so couldn't be given the notice in person.

Brick wall demolition expert!

The Australian Electoral Rolls of 1914 list a Loyal Gracie McKenzie in Franklin, Tasmania. He is listed in later electoral rolls in various locations in NSW.

Also, listed in the Honolulu, Hawaii, Passenger and Crew Lists (1900-1959) is a Loyal McKenzie

As these are on Ancestry (different sub) I can't see the details. Perhaps the Australian experts can help further with these.

Wow!Thanks, what can I say, all of this is new to this side of his family. I now wonder how many different families this man had!!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Until the experts wake up:
    I wonder if the various 'Loyal' McKenzies are all Loyal Grace?
    1914 Loyal Gracie a farmer in Tassie, alone.

the marriage in 1959 doesn't have 'Grace' in name, in NSW electorals they vary between :
    1930 Loyal George (& Mory- motor attendants),Loyal & Mary engineer 1936-1943.
    In 1954 William Loyal & Mary, he's a plasterer (son?) she's in boot trade.
    1958 Loyal Grace engineer (female) I guess the name confused.at Darling harbour, alone.
    1958 William Loyal & Mary as in 1954.Fairfield.
    1977-1980 Balaarat,there is a Mary Loyola McKenzie with two others at same address.

Not seen the bride of 1959 on rolls with any certainty.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Thanks Waitabit, I can tell you that Mary had a son called William so I guess that is him and his mother on the 1954 and 1958 Roll, I will check with Mary's grandson when he returns from overseas next week if his middle name was Loyal. There was another son Frederick and a Daughter Lillian (all three are deceased) there is only one living from this union. I don't know if he had a family with his first wife in Qld, but I know that he lived in Melbourne at some time as that is where he met Mary, it looks like she ran off with him to NSW as that is where the children were born. His daughter knows very little about him so he must have left when she was quite young. Thanks again to everybody on the forums, as without your help we would still know nothing about him.

I have just found a death in VIC for a child of this couple:- Loyal Grace McKenzie died 1926 at Carlton parents Loyal Grace McKenzie and Mary Riddell, If Mary had married, I was told that she married Alfred Wilson in 1918 at VIC would the mothers name be Wilson or Riddell? I can't find a marriage for her in either VIC or NSW.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

If Mary hadn't legally taken on Mr. McKenzie I'm guessing she would be still Mary Ridell. I tried a search in Vic but it came to parting with a visa card so I retreated. I asked for Alfred Wilson marrying Mary 1918-1920. Ancestry doesn't seem to have them.

On a lucky day, someone may have the discs & be able to help you there.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Procat

Nothing I could find on the discs for 1914 - 1942. Searched for an A* Wilson marrying to Mary.

Thank you both for looking for the marriage.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast