Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Thanks Waitabit for looking for this family. Any ideas would be welcome as I don't have a clue as where to look next. Would there be any records from when he became a merchant seaman? If so where would I find them and what sort of info would I get.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Merchant Navy Seamen1835-1941 available on FMPast.

I looked at marriages in scotlands people for Lyle. Only one showed. :MCKENZIE WILLIAM LYLE married margaret Galbraith 1892
    Paisley/RENFREW

A birth for a "Lyal" in 1894 Oct 24th to John & Lille(I think) who married in sep 1888.

sorry included marriage you had discounted. didn't read up the posts.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

It would appear that he was born in 1894 and he did have a daughter Lillian so maybe the birth you found could be him, except that on his marriage in 1921 he states that his father is Lyle James.
    I would really appreciate it if somebody is able to look at FMP for his Merchant Navy Seamens records.
    Thanks

Well I am back to this brick wall. Nothing has turned up yet, I am surprised that Loyal or his father Lyle James McKenzie haven’t turned up on any census for Scotland or England. Waitabit looked up FMP for his merchant seaman’s ticket but found nothing there with this name. So where to now? Any ideas would be appreciated, I don’t know where to look next.

Could somebody please check Tasmaina BDM's to see if there is any mention of either Loyal or Lyle Jame Mckenzie, as with his track record he may have married there as well. Another thought is that maybe his whole family came to Australia, as they don't appear on any UK or Sct census. Or I could post a new message on the brick wall forum.

Procat

Hi,

I have check the Tasmanian Marriages CD for 1803 - 1899 for McKenzie and MacKenzie and nothing obvious there. Is that the time frame you were interested in though?

Thanks Procat, the time frame would be between say 1915 and 1921 for a marriage (as he was on the Electoral Roll in 1915). I thought that as I can't find this family in the UK or Scotland that maybe the whole family could have been in Tasmania. Maybe I need a shipping index lookup, I have never looked at Tasmanian records. I will see what I can find.

Procat

Again nothing obvious in the TAS marraige cd for 1900 - 1930.

I have spent the last few hours looking for anything on this man and again came up with nothing. Can anybody please help me find him either in Scotland UK or Australia. I can't find a birth for him to a father Lyle James Mckenzie in the 1890's, I can't find a marriage for Lyle James McKenzie in Scotland, I can't find this father and son on any shipping list coming to Australia. I can't understand why he didn't list his mother on his marriage certificate in 1921 QLD. We can't find his seaman's ticket. This is one very large BRICK WALL! I need help.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi. Any update on this sestch?

My dad’s name is Loyal McKenzie Jr. and his father’s name was Loyal Grace McKenzie. It says on an old travel doc i had that he was born in Scotland but a residence of London. I hope to hear about an update on this in case we’re related. Haha. Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast