Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default 1901 census Divers Smith.

Can anyone please see if they can see a Divers Smith on the 1901 census. He was born about 1874 Market Harborough in Leicestershire. He married his wife Emily Wiles in 1897 in Walsoken, Norfolk. They then lived at 19 Wellington Terrace Wisbech. I've found variations of his name i.e on one census it's Deverous. Somewhere else it's Diverus. His marriage certificate Divers. Although i can't seem to find him, i've found Emily and two of their son's on the 1901 census visiting relatives at Outwell. I've found all of them on the 1911. Just can't find him on the 1901. Grateful for any help. So would my eyes.

malcolm99

Diver Smith is living at 3 Napier Terrace, Walsoken RG13 Piece 1559 fol. 28 p. 8.

With him are 2 "relations": Hilda Punter, age 5 and George Punter age 7 (possibly 4). The surname could be Panter.

The name is Punter. His wife Emily was visiting the childrens mother, her sister and their family at Outwell. But thanks so much. How did you find him?

malcolm99

No secret - when FMP & Anc****y don't come up trumps, I turn to The Genealogist!

anamarja

Me too, Malcolm.....

Mutley

He also came up quite easy on Ancestry due to his birth place.
    Dever Smith, born 1872 in Market Harboro, Leicestershire, England and living in Walsoken, registration district of Wisbech.

That's really strange as when i put his details in Ancestry he didn't come up and i tried a number of times in case i missed it. But thanks to all.

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Kitchen View Post
    That's really strange as when i put his details in Ancestry he didn't come up and i tried a number of times in case i missed it. But thanks to all.
    It may have been that you were searching for Diver of Market Harborough.
    I went to the advanced search and did not put in a first name or town so it found
    Dever of Market Harboro.

malcolm99

Quote Originally Posted by anamarja View Post
    Me too, Malcolm.....
    .... (just us eh! )

larmet1969

looking at your post theres a diver smith connected to wisbech fire service dont know if this might be the person your searching for but a rare unusual name

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast