Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    apowell

Hi,

That's a great suggestion and I just had a look at the Staffordshire parish records on FindMyPast and also the IGI with no success. There must be a reason why it's not listed maybe non conformist, out of County or maybe the records have been destroyed ????

Many thanks
    Adrian

apowell

Hi,

I'm back with some updated information but sadly none the wiser and something just doesn't match up here (sigh).

I've obtained further wills on the Lynel families of Walton Hurst which has given further information but I'm still baffled.

My Ellen Dean who names in her will dated 1766 her brother Thomas Lynel of Walton Hurst and also her sisters Elisabeth Podmore, Mary and Ellen Lynel. The witness on her will is Henry Lynel who signs his own name.

I found the Henry Lynel's will date 1767 of Walton Hurst and the signatures match on both wills.

Found Elizabeth's marriage to George Padmore and it is way out from Staffordshire.
    St Margaret's Westminster 1764 according to Boyd's marriage index.
    Elizabeth Linnell and George Padmore.

In Henry's will, he mentions his nephew Thomas and nieces Elisabeth wife of George Podmore (see above quote), Mary Lynel and Ellen Lynel now the wife of John Green. Henry also gives 5 pounds to Thomas and Ellen Turner children of the first wife of Simon Turner (see below) together with William Dean of Ellenhall Park (son of Ellen).

Ellen Wilcox daughter of Thomas Wilcox & Ellin Lynel married Simon Turner 1738 Stafford, Staffordshire.

Ellin Lynel marrying Thomas Wilcox 1.5.1709. Staffordshire

My Ellin Dean who in her will names her brother and sisters as Lynil can't be their siblings but must be related somehow to this Lynel family.

I can't find any marriage of Ellin to William Dean, is it possible they never actually married and could this Ellin be the one who married Simon Turner but never divorced ???

I also can't find a death for Ellin Turner (wife of Simon) or of William Dean husband of Ellin and on Ellin's will dated 1766 she states she's a widow ????

I'm totally baffled and any ideas or help would be fantastic.

Kind regards
    Adrian

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Richardtatt View Post
    Hi,

I am direct decendant of the Dean family. I live in Stafford where my Great Grandmother was born Nellie Dean. Her Father was Abraham Dean Snr. Please let me know if you would like any further information. I am trying to find out details of any other direct family from My Great Grandmother brothers and sisters.

Richard
    Hi Richard, I believe that the Nathaniel Deans are my 7th and 8th great grandfathers. If my trail is correct I am descended from William Dean (1723 Ellenhall) son of Nathaniel jnr and Mary Bailey. The chances of matching DNA from that far back is quite small but I would be interested to know whether any of your family have had tests and also what your path is to the Ellenhall Deans.

Helen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12