Starting to feel at home

Default Michael Sullivan Marriage

i am looking for the marrage of miceal sullivan from fermoyle sneem co kerryto ann sullivan from? in 1871/2 I DONT NO WHERE
    THEY GOT MARRIED, BUT THEY LIVED IN FERMOYLE SNEEM FOR THE REST OF THERE LIVES THERE FIRST CHILD WAS BORN
    ON THE 9 MAY 1873 CALLED MYLES HOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP MAURICE

Jan1954

Hello Maurice,

On 3rd March 1871 there is a baptism of a Patrick SULLIVAN with the parents being Michael SULLIVAN and Mary SHEA, See here:
    https://
    churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/6ff3760417799

Could this be the couple that you are looking for with a babe older than Myles?

On the other hand, there is a marriage of a Michael SULLIVAN and Mary SHEA on 3rd February 1872:
    https://
    churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/1798030511544

janbooth

Hello Maurice,

Are you sure you have the correct name for Myles's father? The reason I ask that is because on Irish Genealogy website is a record for a baptism on 9 March 1873 at Sneem of a Myles SULLIVAN of Fermoyle, father John SULLIVAN and mother Ann NOONAN. Sponsors were Denis & Bridget SULLIVAN. All the details seem to fit, except that the month is March and the father's name is shown as John. This is the only baptism for a Myles SULLIVAN in the correct timescale with a Fermoyle/Sneem connection shown on the website.

Janet

pattenwalsh

On Familysearch.org the parents of Myles Sullivan b.9 Mar 1873 are given as John Sullivan & Nance Noonan.There are also some further children from the same parents...
    William b.1 Mar 1870
    Ellen b.15 Mar 1875
    Annie b. 1 May 1877
    Denis b.2 Apr 1878

pattenwalsh

And when I look up baptisms on Irishgenealogy,William b.1 Mar 1870 is shown has having Honora Noonan as Mother,Annie b.1 May 1877 and Denis b.2 Apr 1878 have mother shown as Ann Noonan.!
    I know from my own Irish family research that Irish genealogy has to be one of the more difficult things to tackle, with names changing into pet names that have no resemblance to their owners proper name.

Starting to feel at home

thanks from maurice i got the wrong faimely

Starting to feel at home

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by maurice1953 View Post
    i am looking for the marrage of miceal sullivan from fermoyle sneem co kerryto ann sullivan from? in 1871/2 I DONT NO WHERE
    THEY GOT MARRIED, BUT THEY LIVED IN FERMOYLE SNEEM FOR THE REST OF THERE LIVES THERE FIRST CHILD WAS BORN
    ON THE 9 MAY 1873 CALLED MYLES HOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP MAURICE
    cancel pleas i got the wrong family