Hi there, hoping someone can help with a brick wall. Looking for information on Frederick Alfred Poole. According to marriage and death cert he was born in France about 1826. His parents (according to his marriage cert) were John Poole - Lieutenant British army and Harriet Wilson. He married Alice Maher on 12 Sept 1870, but had been married before. His first wife died 10 March 1868 (according to marriage cert) and he had two living children from this marriage at the time of his second. I don't know who his first wife was or where she died.

I found an 1841 census - Parish Radford that has a Johnand Harriet Poole with some of their children born in 'foreign parts'. But this John Poole was a lace maker not in the army - though the dates tie in quite nicely.

I found an article about "Deaths in Melbourne Hospital" Jan 1871 to Dec 1872 that has him listed as "Frederick Poole, tinsmith, aged 46, native of France; arrived by the Christina, died April 27 (1872) of morbis cordis."

His marriage cert to Alice Maher also states that he is a tinsmith, but a newspaper announcement relating to the marriage says that he is an "auctioneer and estate agent, late of Sydney"

Can find no record of his arrival, his first marriage or children by this marriage. Also cannot confirm who his parents are.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Merranie