Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Got a copy but sadly Old Branch Records were thrown out many years ago. Hunt continues though

This seems to be his telephone directory entry
    Name - E J T Fletcher
    Address Salesman, 300 Northgate. .
    Publication Year - 1962
    Directory Place - Lancashire, York, Lincoln, England
    Exchange - Cottingham
    Directory Title - Hull / Bradford / Leeds / Lincoln / Sheffield Mar
    Page Number - 52

He's there in 1960/61/62
    Did you notice in your previous research that there are only two birth registrations for persons of these initials. One in 1932 the other in 1951 but both of them have the same mother's maiden name.
    There is a Fletcher/Dervey marriage in 1913 and another in 1936. But there are no Fletcher/Dervey births registered until 1924.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

It was a Catherine Dervey who married an Edward Fletcher in 1913 and Catherine died 1966 in hospital at Cottingham, born 1896. Her probate is granted to Edward Fletcher fish merchant.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

This is my Great Grandfather if anyone is still looking into this? Reply back and I can tell you what I know.

Hi Stu,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
    Hope you could now perhaps share what you know about this topic. Perhaps it might also open other doors for future enquires?

All the best, keep well. Chris.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Edward Fletcher

Hi Chris,
    My apologies for not getting back sooner, unfortunately my mother just passed away which will also limit the knowledge I have on this. The 1932 Edwin Fletcher was my Grandfather, son of Edward Fletcher and Catherine Dervey. Edward Fletcher was at some point President of the Hull Old Contemptibles and had plaques at a church in Mons and fought in Ypres too I believe. On the Plaque in Mons, he’s listed as Sergeant of the 4th battalion of the Royal Fusileers. I believe his uncle or brother was also on the Men in Gate.
    I’d be curious to know your interest, or was it just because you’d acquired the medals? I’m not sure how they were released as my uncle still has several. I know he’d also kept some flags which were donated to the British Museum when my Grandfather passed.
    If possible I would like to buy the medals back if you have them but would also be fascinated by any other information you have? If you have any specific questions I’d be happy to ask my Uncle to see if he knows a little more. You could also contact me directly if that’s easier(I find the format on here a little confusing. Stuartfoster32ATgmailDOTcom

Kindest,
    Stu

Quote Originally Posted by NEALE View Post
    Hi Stu,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
    Hope you could now perhaps share what you know about this topic. Perhaps it might also open other doors for future enquires?

All the best, keep well. Chris.
    Last edited by christanel; 03-12-2021 at 6:48 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12