Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Thanks so much, It looks like Charles came to Australia for 18 months I will check if he got married out here.

I am back to this after 5 years. I have been sent a copy of Major Charles Andrews Will and he had two other sons Thomas and Robert, we think that Thomas could have been born about 1822 in India and Robert between then and 1829 when son Charles was born. I have forgotten where to look for births in India, so I need so help and advice.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Findmypast have record sets entitled British India Office-Ecclesiastical Returns which cover Births & Baptisms, Marriages, Deaths & Burials, Wills & Probate and Army & Navy Pensions.

There are a number of entries in all sections for Thomas, Robert and Charles ANDREWS, some of which could well be yours.

Peter

Thank you for the info, I only have Ancestry. Would you be able to tell me if there was a Thomas born in 1822 with a father Charles?

Knowledgeable and helpful

All I can tell you is that there is a Thomas Andrews baptised in 1822 but his father is not Charles.

Unfortunately, Findmypast's terms and conditions prevent us from relaying information which is only available on subscription.

In UK we are able to use computers in certain libraries which have access to Findmypast, Ancestry, etc., free of charge, but I don't know if that service is available in NSW.

Peter

Famous for offering help & advice

Thomas Andrews baptism in 1822 is free to view on this site

https://indiafamily.bl.uk/ui/FullDisp...=014-000004683

Thank you very Mona for the site. But I can't find Thomas or Robert on there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12