debd

Default Richard Holland born abt 1780 in Shropshire

Hello everyone .Im looking for info on my 4th Great Grandfather Richard Holland born in Shropshire abt 1780.He died june 1844 in Wellington Shropshire.
    He married a Sarah ?Who was born 1797(according to census)and died june 1870 in Wellington.I would love to find out her maiden name.
    Their children i believe were William born 1828 in Wellington Died 1899 in Newport Monmouthshire
    Thomas born 1835 in Wellington.
    Ann born 1838 in Wellington.
    I have been researching my Family Tree for over 5 years now but im stuck on this one.I would love to find out his and her mother n father and brother and sisters to move on.
    Many Thanks for youre help Debbie

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by debd View Post
    Find Ann's birth registration and the certificate should provide her mother's maiden name.

debd

Thanks Jan

debd

i cant find a site that i can look up pre 1838 records please can you suggest.Thanks Debbie

Jan1954

If Ann was born in 1838, then her birth should (hopefully) be recorded on a site such as FreeBMD as registration was introduced for all BMDs that occurred on and after 1st July 1837.

Prior to that, you will need to explore Parish Registers.

Family Search may be able to help.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

A RICHARD HOLLAND married a SARAH OVENS 22 OCT 1806 in Leominster, Hereford, England

M146101

Sarah born
    15 JUN 1794 Wormsley, Hereford, England

Pts. GEORGE OVEN &ANN

C139841
    from family search---any good?

did they move aboutabit?

An Ann christened : 24 JUL 1840 Newent, Gloucester, England

Parents:
    RICHARD HOLLAND & SARAH
    C030401
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

debd

Thankyou Waitabit as far as i know 2 or 3 generations lived in Wellington,Shropshire then the child(William)moved to Newport Monmouthshire,but its something for me 2 look into.Thankyou for your time Debbie

debd

Thanks Waitabit but dont think this is same ann.in 1851 census living in Hadley she says shes 54 and 1861 living in Wellington says shes 64.thanks anyway for yre time debbie

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Richard Holland

Quote Originally Posted by debd View Post
    Hello everyone .Im looking for info on my 4th Great Grandfather Richard Holland born in Shropshire abt 1780.He died june 1844 in Wellington Shropshire.
    He married a Sarah ?Who was born 1797(according to census)and died june 1870 in Wellington.I would love to find out her maiden name.
    Their children i believe were William born 1828 in Wellington Died 1899 in Newport Monmouthshire
    Thomas born 1835 in Wellington.
    I have been researching my Family Tree for over 5 years now but im stuck on this one.I would love to find out his and her mother n father and brother and sisters to move on.
    Many Thanks for youre help Debbie
    Do you still require information? Richard was my great great great grandfather