Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    lisagrace

hi sue mine is lisagracesmithATaolDOTcom. your right there are a lot of inconsistencys in years being out by a few ive done some trees but this one is beating me. I grew up being told they were from ireland but not one peice of evidence says they are yet. If henry was someone elses child brought into the family which can happen ive had it on a few trees, that could throw the dna link out the window. Guess I need to get this dna thing done.
    Last edited by christanel; 24-10-2016 at 7:39 AM. Reason: email address disguised todeter spam

Settling in

Sorry think that was my mistake about the DNA. It shows if there is a link and if there is not but it also shows "not a link" if they haven't taken a DNA test so we can disregard that bit.
    I was always told they came from Ireland as well by two different sources but again I can't find a link. The only thing I did find when I was researching, prior to us finding the Fitzmoder census, was a John Fitzsimmonds in Manchester (1871), born in Ireland, as a lodger and the head of the house was Susan Kelley - common name with the Irish I know but could have a link with William Kelley. No mention of any other Fitzsimmonds though.
    I know that when the Irish came over they tended to settle in Liverpool, Manchester or Birmingham before moving on to other parts.
    I will send you the birth cert (providing it's the right one !) when I receive it - should be Thursday.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345