Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lisagrace View Post
    RG11/318/68/1
    james fitzsimmonds couch maker 30 gladstone buildings b/green father james patrick fitzsimmons
    to ann eleanor solkham at st james shoreditch 1872

this would tie in with the ann e child
    if he's mine great, though i think your assumptions of him seem to be correct i think he had afew on the go with quite a few kids.
    My nans younger sisters have just said that they think he was married a few times, but i dont think he married them all!!!!
    This marriage fits so much better. I should have widened the time frame! What happened to the children from 1881 census? I have only found Annie in 1901 and 1911.

No luck finding a James with father James born Middlesex/London as yet.

I found this baptism, the only one that came up with a father james. BUT I think I am losing it because I can't find a birth reg for a Henry on FreeBMD anywhere in England 1851-1853.
    London births and baptisms 1813-1906
    Saint James Shoreditch
    Henry Richard Fitzsimmons baptism 13 Jun 1852
    Birth date 21 May 1852
    Father James Fitzsimmons
    Mother Mary Fitzsimmons
    Shoreditch St James Hackney

This is all clutching at straws. I cannot find a Henry Fitzsim(m)on(d)(s) in 1861 or a James and Mary. This is getting ridiculous. I have to leave it for now - going to the optometrist!

Sara Folkham is actually with James and his children in the 1881 census. I should have taken a much closer look. The enumerator put her first as a widow then entered james as the head but she is definitely in the same household.

lisagrace

after looking at all this i think maybe
    james married ann eleanor 1872 had ann e, sarah, mary ann , james
    then james ends up with sarah folkhon/solkhon in 1881 probably her sister or other member of the family (going to look for her)
    they had a child richard 1899
    then meets sarah williams has adelaide louisa and george and possibly anthony 1912

all sounds plausible whether its correct or not is another thing, how did they manage to pass off these childrens name as fizsimmonds without being married.

Sarah could be james mother in law. She is 50 years old .
    I spent some time this afternoon looking for the family again in 1891 but no luck. It would help if their first names weren't so common.
    The richard born 1899 has parents James and Sarah not James and Ann.

Christina

lisagrace

well definately got carried away with myself there.

sarah solkhon is james mother in law
    ann eleanor fitzsimmonds nee solkhon's parents are william solkhon coppersmith and sarah mackean married hackney.
    william solkhon dies dont know when?.
    sarah solkhon 1831 widow and ann eleanor solkhon are on the 1871 census with sarah's brother joseph mackean
    1881 census
    sarah solkhon widow 50 (ann eleanors mother)
    james ann eleanor's husband
    +children....

i definately think this is my james in 1872 marriage after the 1881 census

he then disaapears for 20 years until he's on the 1901 census with sarah williams where did he go?

their are two extra children born of a james and sarah
    richard 8th mar 1899 39 warburton sq b/green
    margaret 11th jan 1905 2 smiths buildings b/green
    because in theory the addresses should be 50 chambord st makes me wonder if there was another sarah that he had as well Without spending 20.00 to get there birth certs i'm not sure i can answer that question.

lisagrace

on the 1872 marriage james and ann james's father james patrick fitzsimmonds couch maker with a name like that this could be an irish family? although james is said to be born in middlesex maybe his father was irish no idea

Settling in

Hi
    I am also researching the Fitzsimmonds from Bethnal Green although not the same ones as you. I am looking for John Fitzsimmonds who married Ellen Simpson.
    I think they are related though as your relatives keep coming up in my searches. They lived very close together and they were both Chair makers - I suspect they might be brothers.
    In my research I have found that John sometimes changes his name to just Simmonds although he seems to swap between the two names. John's father was called James so perhaps he also called his son James.
    If they are the same family they originated from Ireland and John was born there around 1852. He came via Manchester to London around 1870's - not found out exactly when yet.
    Try expanding your search with the name Simmonds or Simmons
    Let me know how you get on and hopefully we can find a link between the two families.

lisagrace

hi sue
    thankyou for responding to my post, i spent ages trying to work on this and got really confused but it was so long ago that i put it away, but youve set me off again, and im going to get all my stuff out. My thanks to Christanel she spent so much time on this, its great when theres a helping eye, spurs you on and makes you look in places you didnt think of. Please bear with me , i'm going to get my stuff out today and refresh myself on what i have. And ill get back to you later.
    Thanks again for getting in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue-Ryan View Post
    Let me know how you get on and hopefully we can find a link between the two families.
    Welcome to British-genealogy Sue. it's great when people pick up old threads on Google and get in touch. Sometimes this links cousins previously unaware of each other's existence, but at the very least it stimulates the orginal poster to revisit research, as it seems to have done here. This is all part of what BG is about. Now you are here, do take a good look round the rest of the forum and post any other queries you may have.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast