Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jan1954

As there was a fair bit of information in sezzle's original thread which was referred to, I have merged the two together. That way, all the information stays in the same place and people will not then duplicate research.

Thank you for confirming that all parties are no longer with us, sezzle.

However, as has been said, we are getting close to people who could still be living, so please think twice before posting any recent details.

Thank you.

sezzle

sorry yes ive checked borth records, her name wasnt Darma as originally thought it was Delma L Gibbons (all the Gibbons family are deceased)
    I went through birth records for 1944-1946 as sometimes the abt age can be out for Delmas but none seem to fit.
    Im guessing Lillian changed Delmas original name,
    Some of the records for that time dont have mothers maiden names showing so its hard since not all do, and we dont know where Nancy and Lillian disapeared too for the time when the baby was born, its just known that she went away and Lillian came back with Delma and Nancy came back with a waistline lol

eta: i dont know if Nancy would have put the child in her fathers name, and we dont know that either (sigh)

Reputation beyond repute

Too many assumptions. If you think the child was adopted, look for an adoption certificate. A copy of the GRO adoption index can be seen at Manchester City Library.

sezzle

Did they keep records for adoptions back then?
    i shall venture to the library and see what i can come up with

thanking you muchly

Reputation beyond repute

Did they keep records for adoptions back then?
    Yes

i shall venture to the library and see what i can come up with
    Well done.

Also you said that you found the child's death but have you got the death certificate? If not, how can you be sure that it's the right child? Do you know what her middle name was?

sezzle

my gran knew what cemetery she was buried in so i searched the buriel records online and found her buried with her grandad, the buriel record had her middle name in and there was only one on ancestry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123