Loves to help with queries

Default John Willoughby and Ann Harewood. Kiddington

Hello. I am looking for any children born to John and Mary in kiddington. (if that is where they lived after their wedding. ) they married in 1758. John was born in Shrivenham in Berkshire. i can't find any records. thank you.
    Last edited by susyswan; 18-04-2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: adding infomation.

janbooth

Hi Susy,

The marriage record of John WILLOWBY, of the parish, Labourer & Ann HARWOOD, of Deddington, spinster took place by licence at Kiddington on 14 May 1758. The witnesses were Nathaniel STILGOE & Giles IBELL (source OFHS PR Transcripts of Kiddington).

Children baptised at Kiddington are as follows:

26 October 1760 John son of John & Ann WILLOWBY
    6 February 1763 William son of John & Ann WILLOUGHBY
    7 April 1765 Ann daughter of John & Ann WILLOUGHBY buried 14 April 1765
    28 March 1766 Richard son of John & Ann WILLOUGHBY
    25 October 1767 James son of John & Ann WILLOUGHBY
    13 August 1769 Elizabeth daughter of John & Ann WILLOUGHBY
    9 February 1772 Mary daughter of John & Ann WILLOUGHBY
    9 October 1774 Maria daughter of John & Ann WILLOUGHBY
    29 June 1777 Ann daughter of John & Ann WILLOUGHBY
    7 February 1779 Sarah daughter of John & Ann WILLOUGHBY
    11 February 1781 George son of John & Ann WILLOUGHBY

There is a burial of a John WILLOUGHBY on 18 October 1786 and on 30 May 1796 that of an Ann WILLOUGHBY, widow.

It does not look as if John WILLOUGHBY hailed from Kiddington - no WILLOUGHBY baptisms prior to 1758 - and neither does Ann HARWOOD appear to originate in Deddington - no HARWOOD baptisms prior to 1852.

Hope this helps

Janet

Loves to help with queries

Thank for your reply. John was born in Shrivenham 1731. i think i have found Ann born in Biscter in 1733.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Maria Willoughby

Hi Susy, I have just found this thread on-line whilst researching an ancestor Maria Willoughby.

Her most likely parents are John WILLOUGBY and Ann HARDWOOD, married in Kiddington in 1758. Maria went on to marry James Ward and they had 1 child in Oxford Gt Giles in 1797 and a further 7 children in Bampton between 1800 and 1814 before Maria's death in 1817. Her age at death is recorded as 41 which would make her birth year 1775/76. The Maria Willoughby of Kiddington was baptised on 9 Oct 1774. Interestingly also, their first daughter was called Ann and their first son John.

I was wondering if you are still researching this family and whether you are a direct descendant of John and Ann Willoughby?

Regards, Colin