Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ann AW

Question Surname Interests in Wiltshire

Hi Everyone,

My surname interests in Wiltshire are
    TAYLOR in Hindon
    YOUNG in Winterslow
    COLLINS in Pitton

Is anyone else researching these names? If so I would be very pleased to hear from you and swop info.

Here's hoping,
    Ann

Shannon

Question Young surname in Wilts.

I'm wondering if my Young's may have ended up in the town/place you mention in Wilts. I have James Young b.c.1871 born in Salisbury. Rose Alice Young my great grandmother. their sister Minnie. My great great grandfather, John T. Young and wife Louisa. Any connection please?

Shannon

Anthony Squibb

Ann

Have only just joined this forum, but share your interests in Young (Winterslow) and Collins (Pitton). Am prepared to aher what info I have.

Anthony

Ann AW

Default Youngs Winterslow Collins Pitton

Hi Anthony,
    My g.grandfather William Harry Young was born in Winterslow in 1861 my g.grandmother Ann Collins was born in Pitton in 1857.
    Williams parents were
    John Young 1834 born Easton and Jane Baugh Winterslow 1838
    Anns parents
    Abraham Collins born Pitton 1827 and Sarah Roberts Pitton 1829
    Do these names seem familiar?
    I have the Collins back to 1650 and still trying to track down the Youngs from Charles who I think may have been born in Laverstock 1769.
    Regards,
    Ann

orielton

Hi all

I have Wiltshire Youngs in my family tree and they are my total BRICK WALL! I would dearly love some help with getting past it.

My ggrandfather Frank Young shows on 1901 Census as born Salisbury Wilts 1853 with wife Elizabeth (Park) but I cannot locate them prior, nor a marriage - nothing! There are other Frank Youngs born Wilts same year +/- and I can't work out which one to follow?

Any help gratefully received!

Claire

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default The Young family in Bournemouth

Claire

I have been looking into the family for you and as you say its hard to find them. But I think I have made a break through if you haven't found them already. in 1891 I have a Frank and Emily Young, Frank is 29 and a Dairyman they had 2 children Rose 2 and William 5, They are living in Holdenhurst, I know the age is wrong but there could have been a mistake made in the age.

I have found a Beatrice A Young granddaughter with brother Walter B 2 with a family of Miles in Hampshire.

The best way to hunt is Fra* Young I will look some more for you.

Irene

orielton

Thanks Irene,

I've come across this family group before and don't know how to exclude them as I can't find any marriage indexes to see if Emily was a first wife. They seem to be entirely missing from the record (that I can access from Tasmania anyway).

As my mum and her sister had no knowledge of one of the children (Beatrice) it is quite possible that there was a prior marriage that they weren't aware of either. However it does throw a lot of the ages out of whack? It doesn't help that I don't know if they were married in Wiltshire or Hampshire.

1901 Census has
    Beatrice Young 14
    Charles Young 7
    Elizabeth Young 36
    Frank Young 48
    George Young 9
    Katey Young 11
    Reginald Young 2
    Walter Young 4
    William Young 13

Thanks for your efforts!

Claire

orielton

Actually, Irene, just had another look at this and you just might be right - which would add another mystery (or two which I love!). I had a look at the original scan of the 1891 census and there is a possibility the age of 29 is actually 39 - its very faint. The address of Malmesbury Park Road which I believe is next street over from Stewart Road in Bournemouth (home in 1901) would fit also. I suppose Emily could have been a mis-written Elizabeth too - her age is right but might also be another wife - the plot thickens!

Irene you might have cracked it for me! Off to do some more research now! Some times it just takes another pair of eyes eh?

Claire

whitey2

Default Levi Collins - ex-Pitton to Australia Sep1851

Hello Ann (and others)

I'm seeking information about (or confirmation of the info I have about) Levi Collins, b. c1818 Wiltshire and Letitia (Betsey) England, b,c1824, who emigrated to South Australia in 1851 via the ship Thetis. The Thetis arrived at Port Adelaide 7Sep1851 and the passenger list records "Levi Collins and family from Pitton near Salisbury".

The son of John Collins (about whom I know nothing), Levi married Letitia (Betsey) England in Sep1842 - the marriage is recorded as Alderbury 8/329.

Levi and Betsey were my G-G-G-Grandparents and I have quite a bit of information about their descendants. I am happy to share my info if it should be of interest to anyone.

If anyone has any info on Levi and/or Betsey's ancestors, please contact me.

Whitey

Merimbula, NSW Australia

whitey2

Hi folks ... forgive me, I'm just a newbie - I have moved this post to a thread under separate heading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast