Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blewitt family

Loves to help with queries

Default Blewitt family

Patrick,Mary,William and Edward all came over to England (Tynemouth area) about 1850/60. They were born 1827,1833,1834 and 1840 respectively--dates could be approx. Their father was William date unknown.
    Can anyone give me any info re their connection to Mayo

I can't help you directly, I'm afraid, but if you Google the ancestry of Joe Biden, VP of the USA, you will see that he descends from a family of Blewitts from Rappagh, County Mayo. Might give you a starting place to search.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Wow that would be something if I was related to the American VP. But there again I might lose what friends I have!!
    Difficult to research in Ireland but I will do my best,hopefully with help from the Mayo members

Famous for offering help & advice

I don't know if he is yours but there seems to be a William Blewitt age 76 in !911 in Tynemouth who gives his birthplace as Ballina Co Mayo. (sorry can't check details)

And as a different thought I seem to remember earlier postings on this site about Blewitt and variants (maybe Bluett...) - can't seem to find them though

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post

And as a different thought I seem to remember earlier postings on this site about Blewitt and variants (maybe Bluett...) - can't seem to find them though
    Might be this thread but it is Eric's own
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Jan1954

Hello Eric - you may find this book to be rather helpful.

Thanks for that link Jan-could be worth a try
    Regarding Edward Blewitt in Tynemouth-I have linked all the Blewitts in Tynemouth/Shiremoor as being connected to Co Mayo. What I am looking for now is details of their ancestors in Mayo

tmlangan

Default VP Biden Connection via Co. Mayo - Blewitts

I have a pdf file going back to Co. Mayo, mid 1700's, that shows my connection to USA VP Joe Biden via Blewitt ancestors. We were both born in Scranton PA in early 1940's and share our Blewitt family background. It doesn't seem like I can post a pdf file. I'll keep trying other types.

tmlangan

I have a pdf file going back to Co. Mayo, mid 1700's, that shows my connection to USA VP Joe Biden via Blewitt ancestors. We were both born in Scranton PA in early 1940's and share our Blewitt family background. It doesn't seem like I can post a pdf file. I'll keep trying other types.

Hi tmlangan and welcome to Brit-Gen

Another way of being sure of getting the file to Eric would be to send him a private message (pm) where you could exchange email addresses and send it that way.
    Just click on Eric's username and then on private message in the drop down menu.

Good luck

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast