Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Hi Denis and welcome to British-Genealogy

I have disguised the email address and deleted your phone number Denis. Members who wish to get in touch with you can either post on the open forum or send you a private message (pm) from the drop down menu which appears when they click on your user name. Then you can exchange phone numbers and email addresses if you like.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

dragonfly1

Hello Denis I am a decendant of Harriett Baker Whitton --who is Mary Ann Woollaston younger sister

minack

Dear All,

Just to let you all know that a beautifully made brass plaque now marks the grave on Deal Island. This plaque was donated by David and Mary Nicholson who were the caretakers on the Island who drew my attention to this lonely unmarked grave, and with the wonderful assistance of all on this thread the mystery was solved. I believe I have a photo of the plaque and will endeavour to locate it and post it.

Regards minack

Hugh Thompson

That's really good news Minack, I'm sure everyone involved with the forum will be more than happy, now she can rest in peace.
    Regards.
    Hugh.

spison

Thanks Minack,
    It would be great to see the plaque. Deal Island is not an easy place to reach!
    Jane

dragonfly1

Thank You Minack,, This is truly wonderful news, and I am looking forward to seeing Fannys plaque. Again thank you and the lovely caretakers, and all who have made this all happen. You are all angels. Bless You.

minack

Hi All,

Here it is.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Thank you for the photo, minack.

And very special thanks to David and Mary Nicholson for donating the plaque.

Such a lovely ending to a very sad story.

Pam

dragonfly1

Thank you. It is truly a lovely ending, and this makes that sad story a lot better.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Just to add a little more info:

Samuel Baker's children George Henry and Eliza were born in Shaftesbury and Jane, Harriet and Samuel born in Windsor.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast