LilyAllenFan86

Default Price's of Brecon

I am looking for any birth information for my ancestor William Price according to census information he had been born in Llandefalle in abt 1813, in abt 1840 he married a woman from Talach Ddu, Brecon she having been born in about 1815, they had a total of five children John in abt 1842, Anne in abt 1844, William in 1846, Mary in abt 1848 & finally Catherine in abt 1853, the four eldest all being born in Gwenddr, Breconshire and Catherine born in Llandefalle.
    I found a William and Mary Price in the 1841 census living in Gwenddr on a farm belonging to a John Price (60, Breconshire) & his wife Anna Price (65, Breconshire), also a younger Anne (20, Breconshire) and three farm workers, this may be them.
    There is a baptism in Gwenddr for August 13th 1813 to a William and Ann Price with three other children being born to the same couple, Ann also in 1813, Richard on March 3rd 1816 and Gwen in July 4th 1819, but then that doesn't fit as in the census the head of the household and possible father was called John.
    1851 Census
    Upper Wern, Llandefalley, Brecon
    William Price (H) 40 Farmer of 40 acres & labourer Llandefalley
    Mary (wife) 35 Talachdder, Brecon
    John (son) 9 Scholar Gwenddr
    Anne (Dau) 7 At Home Gwenddr
    William (son) 5 At Home Gwenddr
    Mary (Dau) 3 At Home Gwenddr
    Catherine Davies (Visiter) Farmers Daughter Talachdder
    Martha Price (Serv) 21 House Servant Disserth, Radnor
    Jonathan Jones (Serv) 18 Farm Servant Crickadarn, Brecon
    Wernhergese?, Llandefalle
    William Price (H) 49 Labourer Llandefalle
    Mary (Wife) 47 Tylalty, Brecon
    Ann (Daugh) 17 Gwenddr
    Mary (Daugh) 13 Gwenddr
    Catherine (Daugh) 8 Llandefalle
    Graig, Crickadarn, Brecon
    William Price (H) 60 Ag Labourer Brecon
    Mary (Wife) 57 Brecon
    Ann (Dau) 25 Brecon
    Catherine (Dau) 17 Brecon
    If someone could help me out with some information I would be very grateful.
    Kind Regards
    Beth

JaneIvor26

Default PRICE of Brecon

Dear Beth
    I have just read your 2012 note about the Price in the 1851 and 1861 census.
    My great grandmother on my father's side was Mary Price.
    Jane

janbooth

Hi Beth,

FindmyPast have the actual parish register image of what looks like your William PRICE's marriage at Talachddu in 1841. All the details of this marriage record seem to fit the 1841 census record that you have found. The marriage record gives both fathers' names and their occupations and where both the bride and groom were resident at the time of their marriage which looks to have taken place not long before the 1841 census record was taken.

FMP is a pay per view site but for about £7 you should be able to look at a number of actual records and hopefully trace back further generations as FMP hold a good number of Welsh records.

Janet

janbooth

Just found this on Ancestry's Select Birth & Christenings and wondered if William could have been baptised much later:

11 February 1825 at Llandefalle, Brecon William PRICE son of John & Elizabeth PRICE

See what you think.

Janet