whdsn

Default robert richardson family

I'm trying to find this family. Robert Richardson married Ann Hawes in Woodford Nr Thrapston 1815, moved to Brampton had 2 children John 1816 died 1820 Mary Ann 1817 died 1858 in Huntingdon. Robert's wife Ann died 1819. Robert then married Lucy Laxton in Woodford Nr Thrapston 1819, moved to Brampton again and had 2 children Robert 1821 died 1821 and Lucy 1822. On Robert's 1st marriage they said he was of Raunds, I can't find him.

janbooth

There are only two baptisms on the Northamptonshire Baptismal Index 1751-1812 for a Robert RICHARDSON and neither are at Raunds. The first is on 7 April 1765 at Passenham son of Thomas & Elizabeth and the second (perhaps more likely as Little Harrowden is pretty close to Raunds) is on 17 July 1766 at Little Harrowden son of John & Elizabeth. Do either of these dates fit in with your Robert's approximate date of birth from his burial record?

Janet

whdsn

Hi janet
    I don't know Robert's burial date. I would think he was born abt 1790's. He must have been from Huntingdonshire, because everytime he got married in Northants he would moved to Brampton in Huntingdonshire

whdsn

I need to check brampton baptism records to see if there is any richardson's born there.

Mutley

Genuki
    The Northamptonshire Surnames List has several people researching Richardson's with their email addresses given.
    Might be worth a look.

https://www.
    kellner.eclipse.co.uk/genuki/NTH/Surnames/names5.htm

janbooth

There is a death registration for a Robert RICHARDSON in Thrapston reg district in the June qtr 1842 which given his connection with Thrapston re his marriages could be relevant to you. On his second marriage record to Lucy at Woodford, Thrapston, he stated that he was a widower of the parish (source Northamptonshire Marriage Index 1700-1837).

Janet

whdsn

Hi Janet
    The burial you found for Robert Richardson looks like the same person that was born Apr qtr 1842.
    Thank you for looking
    wayne

whdsn

Found a Robert Richardson born 1779 in Brampton son of John and Mary Richardson. Robert named his children John and Mary.

janbooth

Sounds as if he could be a likely candidate, Wayne. Can you follow him through in Brampton to see if his records tie up with your Robert?

Janet