kmt1234

Smile canal boatmen and women

hi all, all of my family were canal boatmen and women, i have been researching for over 15 years now and have quite a few families in my tree, some names are harrison holt/hoult,skinner,tonks,ward,wood,humphrey's humphries, and diggory, quite a few more if anyone needs help i will happily try and help you with your travelling family

kmt

albertbarratt

Hi My family were Canal boatmen from Wolverhampton the Barratt family sometimes Barrett, traced my family back to Richard and Catherine 1794-1842 the Barratt's stayed on the canal till about 1890s then john Barratt left after losing 2 sons to the canal .the family stayed in around ettingshall and cosely till about 1900 then moved to chesterfield Derbyshire .

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi - just joined this site and read your post. I am researching my family - WARD - who were canal boatmen for 4 generations, back to my grandfather x3 George Fellows Ward - born abt: 1795 Bewdley Staffordshire. They operated in and around the Staffordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire areas. I am having difficulty finding his parents - can you help or advise. Also any info you have relating to the Ward family would be very much appreciated. Look forward to hearing from you.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Jane,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Unfortunately both of the previous posters in this thread are no longer forum members - as denoted by 'guest' under their usernames.

For anyone who might be able to help Jane, please see her own thread re the Ward family and post your replies there.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...-Staffordshire
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”