Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RobinC

Default Junia Fishlock born circa 1836

Junia Fishlock is on the 1851 census with his parents and brother George at Hungerford.

Class: HO107; Piece: 1686; Folio: 383; Page: 11 (census copyright of TNA)

This is the only census that I can find him on and I cannot find a death registration for him.

Any ideas?

malcolm99

I think this 1841 census entry is worth looking at. Lots of things seem to fit (except Prudence's age & Julia's now a girl!):

HO107 Piece 1180 Bk/Folio 12/5 Page 7

(Record in care of TNA: Crown copyright)

RobinC

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm99 View Post
    I think this 1841 census entry is worth looking at. Lots of things seem to fit (except Prudence's age & Julia's now a girl!):

HO107 Piece 1180 Bk/Folio 12/5 Page 7

(Record in care of TNA: Crown copyright)
    I've looked at that census and the interesting thing is that Julia's age has been moved from the "male" column to the "female" column.

I can't seem to find any trace of Julia / Junia after 1851 though.

pennydog

There is a marriage December qtr 1861 in Bath (Somerset) 5c 1268

The four names are Junia Fishlock, George Witchell, Emma Stone and Maria Ayes

pennydog

I know it is not your 'man' but there is a burial of a Junia Fishlock 7th May 1797, Chirst Church, East Kennett, Wiltshire.

Surely this must relate to your family?

pennydog

I can find two Junia Fishlock deaths, both in Chipping Sodbury

Jun qtr 1881 6a 113 age at death 89
    Dec qtr 1899 6a 189 age at death 83

Neither of these really fit with a birth c1836 (did not realise there were so many Junia's)

pennydog

Sorry I do not think now that the marriage (post #4) is your Junia. I have now found Junia (a farmer) & wife Maria. His dob is c1816, which ties in with the death in 1899.

Hollytree

Quote Originally Posted by pennydog View Post
    There is a marriage December qtr 1861 in Bath (Somerset) 5c 1268

The four names are Junia Fishlock, George Witchell, Emma Stone and Maria Ayes
    This is a marriage in Bath Registry Office in 1861 of Junia FISHLOCK to Maria AYERS, (RO1/20/042)I think that this is the Junia who is living in Marshfield sometimes a farmer, and a brewers labourer in other censuses..........I see that Henry, father of Junia b Hungerford is also a Wiltshire man, perhaps a son of the older Junia?

Removed

RobinC

I found the two Junia's in later censuses and have discounted them due to the year of birth.

As for Henry's father, I am not aware what his name was and I believe that Henry was born in Marlborough circa 1801 according to the 1851 census.

The main problem is that the only Henry Fishlock that I can find born near 1801 is this Henry (from the IGI):

HENRY FISHLOCK
    Christening: 23 NOV 1792 Stanton St. Bernard, Wiltshire, England

Now looking at Google Earth, Stanton St Bernard is 9.3 miles west of Marlborough and Hungerford is 10.3 miles east of Marlborough.

Finally, the Henry whose christening record is above may be illegiimate as it only lists his mother who was named Ann.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast