Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up 1891, 1901 and 1911 India Census

Good evening

I do hope this is were I email you for help. I do not have access to the 1891, 1901 and 1911 India Census and need your assistance please, if you could look up the India Census for the below peoples.

Names:
    1. Ethel Victoria White. Ethel could have been born around the late 1893 or early 1894.
    2. Alexander Henry Whtie. Have no idea when he was born.
    3. Elizabeth White. Have no idea when she was born.
    Ethel Victoria White was the daughter of Alexander Henry and Elizabeth White.

Please, I would like to know the three peoples Date of Birth. I think all three of them were born in Bangalore, India.

Once again thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

Lizzy9

The ship 'Mashobra' sailed from Calcutta to London arriving 21st Jun 1937.

Onboard an Ethel V White age 46, boarded at Tangier, occ Companion, proposed address in UK: 5, Saxon Road Hove

Lizzy9

Deaths Poole Dorset, Jul-Sept 1966, vol 7c page 691. Ethel V White age at death 75.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Marriage
    Bangalore Madras
    25/09/1915
    Ethel Victoria WHITE dob 1894 d/o Alexander Henry WHITE married
    Francis LENNON dob 1891 s/o William Hurley LENNON

1906/1911 ( from FIBIS site)

Mabel Wilhemena WHITE
    Joseph G MASON
    LDS details N/11 Vol 11 Folio 1557 LDS Film 4986904

Madras
    27/04/1929
    Mabel Wilhemena MASON b 1892 widow d/o Henry Alexander WHITE
    Charles Ernest HUCKSTEP widower

Other baptisms ? India
    Margaret 16/04/1899 d/o Alexander Henry WHITE & Eliza
    Adelaide WHITE 02/06/1901 d/o Alexander Henry WHITE & Elizabeth
    Samuel Joseph Benjamin 09/12/1903 s/o Alexander Henry WHITE & Eliza

Burial
    Henry Alexander WHITE b 1855 died 13/04/1904 bu 14/04/1904 Bangalore

All form familysearch.org

Mutley

From Family Search (IGI)

Ethel Victoria White's father was Alexander Henry White. She married Francis Lennon, he was born 1891, age at marriage 24.
    Ethel Victoria White was born 1894 and her age at marriage was 21.
    The marriage date was 25 Sep 1915 at Bangalore, Madras, India-
    groom's father's name, William Hurly Lennon
    bride's father's name, Alexander Henry White
    Both were single.
    indexing project (batch) number: M00111-7
    system origin: India

geneius has beat me to the rest so I shall not bother to repeat. Well done geneius.

Default Thank you

Thank you one and all for your response. It is appreciated greatly. The names you sent I did not have. It will be very helpful in my continue research. Thank you.

The only information I have of Ethel is a marriage in 1915, her fathers name Alexander Henry White and mother Elizabeth/Eliza whose maiden name was Armstrong. I am 99% sure Ethel Victoria White was born in Bangalore, India.

Now that you sent me the information as to when Henry Alexander White died, could I please ask you and sorry to bother you; would it be possible please to help find as to when Alexander Henry and Elizabeth Armstrong got married. Thank you kindly.

Could I ask you please, in one of the replies it gives the name of Henry Alexander White and in another it says Alexander Henry White. Would this Alexander Henry/Henry Alexander White be one and the same person?

Also noted that mother's name is given as Elizabeth and Eliza. Is the lady one and the same person? Maybe the marriage of Alexander and Elizabeth will have the right first names. Appreciate your response and thank you.

Would just love to find the three peoples Date, Month and Year of Birth. Would you have any idea as to why Ethel’s marriage is recorded and not her birth?

Once again thank you all. I am very grateful for your help.

Regards,

Thank you.

I thought I sent this message the very next day you responded to my request, but guessing not seeing your response to this email. I am sending it again. I feel I clicked the wrong button.

Thank you one and all for your responses. It is greatly appreciated. The names you sent I did not have. It will be very helpful in my continue research. Thank you.

The only information I have of Ethel is her marriage in 1915, her fathers name Alexander Henry White and mother Elizabeth/Eliza whose maiden name was Armstrong. Seeing what you sent as to were Alexander and Elizabeth's other children were born in India. I am sure Ethel Victoria White was born in Bangalore, India.

Now that you sent me the information as to when Henry Alexander White died, could I please ask you and sorry to bother you again; would it be possible again to ask your help please to as to when Alexander Henry and Elizabeth Armstrong got married. Calculating from the years of Alexander and Elizabeth’s children were born, maybe Alexander and Elizabeth got married in the late 1880’s. Thank you kindly.

Also could I ask you please, in one of the replies it gives the name of Henry Alexander White and in another it says Alexander Henry White. Would this Alexander Henry/Henry Alexander White be one and the same person?

Also noted that mother's name is given as Elizabeth and Eliza. Is the lady one and the same person? Maybe their marriage to each other will have the right first names. Appreciate your response and thank you.

Would love to find the three peoples Date, Month and Year of Births.

Once again thank you all. I am very grateful for your kindness.

Regards,

Mary Anne

Have you tried FIBIS - Families in British India Society? Their volunteers have transcribed many BMD and news announcements and such-like for people who lived in India.

Mary Anne

Mutley

You did click the correct button and your post was received but...
    Most of the people that replied found the information for you from the IGI.

The site has many names, IGI, Family Search, the Mormons or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

If you click the link below it will take you there and you can browse for yourself.
    Hopefully, it will answer your questions.
    https://www.familysearch.org/

It is possible to order the records on the site to be delivered to a local branch of theirs for you to look at.
    You do not give a location so I cannot tell you where your local branch is.

You were also advised to look at the Families in British India Society website.
    You need to enter the two lines below into google to find it.
    https://www.
    new.fibis.org/

Yes I did but nothing, also searched LDS for Ethel Victoria White, and for Alexander Henry White, nothing. Didn’t do anything on Elizabeth White as I didn’t know her first name until now with your help I’ve come to know Alexander Henry White’s wife’s first name. I only knew Elizabeth's last name “Armstrong”. I really need help finding these three so I can look for others. Thank you so very much.

Looking at the age Ethel got married and if Ethel had older siblings, I am guessing and taking the late 1880’s or early 1890’s Alexander and Elizabeth got married.

Thank you once again for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast