Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    organizedchaos

I have Eliza passing 5/23/1852 on board ship, so she must have passed during their voyage but I do not know where their port of arrival was. I know where they ended up.

organizedchaos

Yes, that would be correct also. Joyce passed before May of 1852 as I believe she is buried in Thruxton. James must have emigrated with the rest of his family as he passed in 1878 in Plainfield Township, Kent County, Michigan, USA. Thanks!!!

Lizzy9

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos View Post
    Yes, that would be correct also. Joyce passed before May of 1852 as I believe she is buried in Thruxton. James must have emigrated with the rest of his family as he passed in 1878 in Plainfield Township, Kent County, Michigan, USA. Thanks!!!
    Hello again,

Maybe Joyce also went to US. I found this record ........

SPARKS
    Joyce Griffiths; 1790-1860

here............

https://ontario.
    nygenweb.net/newgorhamcemNZ.htm

organizedchaos

Default Different Joyce Sparks..

Hi,

I have an older genealogy done in 1981 that states Joyce Sparks, wife of James, died and was buried at Thruxton, England before the family came to America. James Sparks with his sons, James, Philip & Benjamin and daughters Charlotte, Eliza, Elizabeth & Sara Ann and Charlotte's husband, William Watkins and their 2 small children sailed for America in May 1852. Wish I could find them on the 1852 passenger lists, but have not yet.

I am trying to make contact with any ancestor of the Sparks or Watkins families currently residing in England.

Thanks for the clue though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12