Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My thanks to Helen( via private message) for suggesting possible 1881 Census address for Elizabeth Phillips nee Nathan:
    RG 11 731 64 53(Crown copyright,TNA) 31 The Parade Lee Lewisham
    Thomas A? V? Phillips H M 33 clerk in corn trade out of employment b Clerkenwell
    Elizabeth Phillips sister in law 31 M b Spitalfields
    2 assistants

The whereabouts of Thomas Richard Phillips, Elizabeth's husband in 1881 is yet to be identified.
    Phillip

I am re visiting this early thread and adding information from the Jewish Chronicle Newspaper Archives which shed more light on the family relationships between the FOLEY/MARKS/COMER and associated lines.
    The newspaper articles relate to Marriages and Deaths among the lines and I will add further information as I research further. This post should also be used to refer to existing threads on the NATHAN/CRAWCOUR/LEVY lines.

Enagagement
    MARKS;COMER

Esther daughter of Mr and Mrs JOHN M MARKS 3 Loris Road West Kensington Park niece and adopted daughter of Mr and Mrs N FOLEY 20 Cannon Place Brighton to David eldest son of Mrs and Mrs CHAS.S COMER 9 Tyrone Terrace Cape Town, late of London
    JC July 14 1905

N Foloey is Nathaniel Foley aka Nathan only son of Isaac Nathan and Louisa Crawcour.

MARRIAGE
    MARKS:COMER
    On the 28 Feb at the Central Synagogue Great Portland Street W.David eldest son of Mr and Mrs C S COMER of Cape Town to Esther daughter of Mr and Mrs JOHN M MARKS and niece of Mr and Mrs N FOLEY 20 Cannon Place Brighton JC Friday March 2 1906

The reference in the Engagement notice of Esther Marks being the 'adopted daughter' of Nathaniel Foley is unclear and may refer to an arrangement whereby Esther was taken into the household of Nathaniel Foley who I do not think had children.I have a similar arrangement in one of my own Jewish lines.

DEATH
    MARKS
    On the 19 November at Brighton, ADELAIDE MARKS,the dearly beloved sister of Mrs Nathaniel FOLEY and Mrs Elizabeth MOSES of 193 Edgware Road, Shiva at the 'Yorkshire Grey, Fitzroy Street, Fitzroy Square JC Nov 26 1909

DEATH
    PHILLIPS-On the 4 Sept( through an accident) at the residence of her mother LOUISA FOLEY, 17 Grand Parade Brighton, Elizabeth PHILLIPS, aged 63?the beloved sister of MRS ROSE CAMPBELL White Hall Park, Upper Holloway and Mr NATHANIEL FOLEY 28 Regency Square Brighton.. JC Sept 8 1911

TOMBSTONE SETTING
    PHILLIPS-The Tombston in memory of the late ELIZABETH PHILLIPS the lamented daughter of Mr I FOLEY 17 Grand Parade Brighton and sister of Mrs Rose Campbell 72 Whitehall Park and Mr Nathaniel Foley 28 Regency Square Brighton will be consecrated at Brighton Cemetery on Thursday 22 at 3.30 JC August 16 1912

Nb The reference to MR I FOLEY maybe an error and refer to her mother Louisa or else Isaac Nathan her father.

ENGAGEMENT
    Mr NAT FOLEY-COMER eldest son of Mr and Mrs DAVID COMER 'Nataleigh'149 Hendon Way NW11 toAGNES, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs MAURICE BENJAMIN 36 Avenue Mansions Hampstead NW3 JC April 22, 1932

DEATH
    MOSES
    On the 8 January at 193 Edgware Road, ZIGGU, widow of the late MEYER MOSES and beloved sister of Mrs NATHANIEL FOLEY, Shiva at 28 Regency Square Brighton JC Jan 12 1917

DEATH
    On the 8 August at her residence 17 Grand Parade Brighton LOUISA FOLEY Beloved mother of NATHANIEL FOLEY of 8 Brunswick Terrace Hove JC August 16 1918

DEATH
    On the 30 October at her residence 8 Brunswick Terrace, of pneumonia, ESTHER the dearly beloved wife of NATHANIEL FOLEY aged 65 years. Funeral took place at Brighton on Friday Nov 1st.....Beloved aunt of ROB and JENNIE MAURICE...beloved aunt of ESTHER COMER 31 Brondesbury Villas London NW and her adopted grand children

TOMBSTONE
    Consecrated to ESTHER FOLEY Sunday 25 Brighton Jewish Cemetery and for LOUISA FOLEY JC Jan 16 1920

MEMORIAL
    Memorial Tablet of the ESTHER FOLEY bed will take place at the Home and Hospital for Incurables High Road South Tottenham on Sunday next June 1st..Nathaniel Foley, friends and relatives in attendance-JC May 30 1919
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12