Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Opportunity missed - curses!

I have been waiting for weeks for the technician to phone and tell me there are problems with my computer. Well, it happened yesterday evening BUT my wife had just put dinner out so I had to hang up. I was so looking forward to leading them on a wild goose chase. I suppose I could have left the phone of the hook while we ate dinner!

Mary Anne

One got me yesterday just at dinnertime, and I said (after the usual pleasantries) --- "Please put this number on your company's 'Do Not Call List' " and ------ he GAVE UP -- "yes, madam," he said, politely, and we both hung up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOHOOOOOOOO! (well, at least until the next time ...)

Mary Anne

Thomasin

A foreign gentleman called me last week on the subject of my computer. 'What computer?' I asked. He disappeared forthwith, and without another word.

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasin View Post
    A foreign gentleman called me last week on the subject of my computer. 'What computer?' I asked. He disappeared forthwith, and without another word.
    Brilliant Thomasin!

busyglen

I haven't had that type of call yet, but didn't realise they'd got to this area. That was quick thinking Thomasin.

AnnB

Wonder if I spoke to the same chap as Thomasin........he must think he is very unlucky to be picking all the people with no computers

Best wishes
    Ann

busyglen

At least I will know what to say! I wonder how many other people are quick thinking and say the same thing?

spison

I've tried everything but they keep ringing back!
    I did the hold on, listen politely trick and then say I had a Mac...
    Then I did the heated rant...Look I know this is a spam go away trick...
    Then I left the phone off the hook for as long as I could trick...
    Then I tried the polite listen followed by the "Why do you think I have a computer?" response.
    And last week they rang again so I tried heated rant again and told them every trick I'd tried and get me onto the DON'T CALL list!
    I'm waiting to see what will happen next but I do find that they are hesitant (and hopefully a little confused) when you don't say words but just say "Hmm" with varying intonations.
    Jane

Knowledgeable and helpful

My brother-in-law in Blackburn asked them which computer, the Commodore 64, the MS-DOS machine, Windows 95, Windows XP, Windows 7, MAC, the one running LINUX, or his mainframe IBM. Deathly silence and then the caller hung up obviously totally confused.

sonjabuk

I have had several of these calls - sometimes I hang up, other times have argued with them to no avail

But the best response was by a cyber friend whose call went along the lines of...

Okay let me just start it up .....umm okay you want me to press what button....umm can't see it.....nope still can't see it (referring to the little 'windows' icon)....nope I dont have one.....no I have a button with a half eaten apple!!.....caller hung up on her!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast