thorntonFrench

Default John Hayes's Birth certificate

(I'm French so excuse me for my spelling mistakes)

I would know if someone can find for me the Birth Certificate of one of my ancestors named John HAYES ; he was born in Wexford the 27th December 1796 (he died in Louisville [Kentucky] the 16th September 1880).

Thank you for your help (it's difficult for me to find something at more than 1000 km of my home!)

You can contact me on my e-mail : pierrickmdc AT yahoo DOT fr
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 09-12-2011 at 4:08 PM. Reason: disguised email address to prevent spammers

pattenwalsh

Birth registration did not begin in Ireland until 1864 so no birth certificate exists.It may be possible to get a copy of a baptism certificate, if you know where in Wexford he was born,but research for Wexford is hard to come by as there is no Irish Family Heritage centre in that county.

thorntonFrench

Default Re

As for me, it's probably the date of his baptism. But I cannot be absolutely sure because I've not found this date personally.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by notanotherminer View Post
    Hi thorntonfrance

Civil Registration of births did not start in Ireland until 1864 so unfortunately you will not be able to obtain a birth certificate for John Hayes.

Because you have an exact date for him does this mean that you already have the details of his baptism or is this in fact what you are looking for?