Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Juist had a look on the 'names from Clwyd' site and on 31 July 1825 Joseph Bithell and George, sons of Benjamin and Elizabeth were baptised. Possibly twins.

Emeltee

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    There are places called Moss and Broughton very near Gwersyllt so I suspect 'Derbyshire' may mean 'Denbyshire' in this case.
    Son James SENIOR is also recorded as born Derbyshire in one census and like you I wonder if it is a phonetic spelling of Denbighshire. Can't really distinguish between Derbyshire and Denbyshire on the image itself.

Well much to my disgust, Benj SENIOR and family are wearing armour plated disguises in 1841.
    However, I do wonder if this is daughter Amelia in 1851...

1851: Piece: 2203; Folio: 473; Page: 3
    Winwick Street, Warrington
    SENIOR Amelia, 31, servant, Moss Denbighshire
    Servant to a EDELSTEN or EALEBSTON family

On FreeREG, there is this baptism...

Elizabeth BYTHELL on 28 May 1799 at Gresford Parish Church, Denbighshire. Father William. Abode Gresford.

A possibility for Elizabeth?

The 1871 census

1871: Piece: 3906 Folio: 58 Page: 2
    Church Street, Warrington
    SENIOR, Elizabeth, head, 70 (b. 1801), late wire drawers wife, Broughton Derby
    SENIOR, Elizabeth, granddau, 23 (b. 1848), assistant school mistress, Warrington Lancashire

Death Mar 1872 Warrington 8C 111
    Name: SENIOR, Elizabeth
    Age 71

bettyespana

Thank you for this emeltee.Interesting that you have given me the occupation of Benjamin as a Wire Drawer because although I described Joseph as working in a sugar re-finery in London in 1891c he is a Wire Drawer.Josephs son George was also a Wire Drawer.
    Glad that you have put me on the right track as far as Mary b.1833 is concerned.

Betty

bettyespana

I apologise if I led you to think that Benjamin Senior was a Wesleyan Methodist Minister.What I said was he was a Wesleyan Methodist referring to his religion.
    I don't think the one you have found is the same Benjamin Senior that I am interested in,however thank you for your input.

Betty

bettyespana

Thanks olliecat I am sure this is my Benjamin Senior.From my research I do know that the Senior family of at least 2 generations
    moved between Warrington & North Woolwich/West Ham.I didn't realise that Benjamin & his family appeared to do this also.
    Benjamin,his son Joseph & also son George were all Wire Drawers so presumably it had something to do with their occupation.

bettyespana

bettyespana

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    Still don't know if Benjamin in Warrington is the right one, however, following him back through the census ...

1851: Piece: 2203 Folio: 629 Page: 12 (crown copyright, care of the TNA)
    Bewsey Road, Saint Paul, Warrington
    SENIOR?, Benjamin, head, 54 (b.1797), wire drawer, Gurney? Flintshire
    SENIOR, Elen?, wife, 50, (b.1801) Moss Broughton? Derbyshire
    SENIOR, Sabey, son, 21 (b.1830, tailor, Brighouse Yorkshire
    SENIOR, Benj, son, 7 (b.1844), Warrington Lancashire
    BURNS, Mary, servant, 26, Ireland

Note: Transcribed as SEMIR on FMP and LEWIS on Ancestry.
    This is good,although a bit of a muddle.Flintshire?Derbyshire,Yorkshire.Bad enumeration I suspect.

bettyespana

bettyespana

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    There are numerous references to Seniors from Clwyd parish registers here:

https://
    freespace.virgin.net/jill.farndon25/S.html

which might provide some more pieces of the jigsaw. Then there's 'A history of the older nonconformity of Wrexham and its neighbourhood' by Alfred Neobard Palmer, which has several references to Seniors, including some who were wire workers. You can see scanned images of the pages on Ancestry, or there's an e-text on

www.
    ebooksread.com
    Thank you Coromandel I will have a good look at these.

bettyespana

bettyespana

Default Benjamin Senior c 1795 Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by emeltee View Post
    Juist had a look on the 'names from Clwyd' site and on 31 July 1825 Joseph Bithell and George, sons of Benjamin and Elizabeth were baptised. Possibly twins.

Emeltee
    The info I have is this:
    Joseph Senior was b.8.12.1822 & bapt at the Wesleyan Methodist Church Wrexham 29.5.1823.
    Why would the 2 sons you have found have the name Bithell & not Senior.It seems strange because Josephs 1st son was named George possibly after his brother.Now I am confused!!

bettyespana

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast