Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    wandrews1008

Default Genealogy Questionnaire

Hello, my name is William Andrews. I am a third year Computing Science student at the university of Newcastle Upon Tyne. I am currently undertaking my dissertation project, entitled 'Genealogy data analysis'. The main aim of this project is to look into the way data is handled in the genealogical field and look into any problems that may arise during the gathering and use of this data.

One way of researching this data is through the usage of a questionnaire, which allows the gathering of a wide scope of problems involved. The questionnaire mainly focuses on getting a brief idea of the participant's background in genealogy, such as reasons for undertaking their genealogical research, any software used and time spent working with genealogy, as well as asking any problems they may have had while doing this research. No personal data will be needed nor collected from the user.

The questionnaire can be found at https://forms.ncl.ac.uk/view.php?id=2475. None of the data will be used for unauthorized purposes and will be terminated once it is no longer needed. A full data protection statement can be found at the bottom of the questionnaire.

If you have any questions or thoughts about the questionnaire or anything else, please post it in this thread and I will try to respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time.

pattenwalsh

I just like to say that we were very helpful in 2010 to Samantha Pett who posted a similar request here ,see https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...-Questionnair? and who subsequently went on to be awarded a Distinction overall for her MSc in Library and Information Studies.So worth helping if you can

Jillychris

Done good luck William

Mutley

Had a go, some questions needed thought but not too much.
    If the 'old mut' managed it so can others.

It did not even ask for my name or email
    so no one will know if I gave outstanding, intelligent replies or daft, dud ones!

I hope mine fell into the former category.

It takes about five minutes to complete and, as others have said, there are no personal details asked for.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

AnnB

Done - and as the others have said, it was completely painless!

Good luck William

Best wishes
    Ann

Liane Hawes

All done. Good luck William

Colin Moretti

Hello Andrew

I note that at the bottom of your form you say:
    The data will be retained until the end of the dissertation's hand-in date (11th May 2011).
    I presume that you mean 2012 - an example for your dissertation, just the sort of transcription error we might encounter

I for one would be very interested to see at least a summary of your dissertation when you complete it.

Good luck

Colin

Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Moretti View Post
    I for one would be very interested to see at least a summary of your dissertation when you complete it.
    So would I - I found Samantha Pett's (mentioned previously) very interesting when it was completed
    Good luck with your work, Andrew
    Barbara

Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass - it is learning to dance in the rain

Mary Anne

Quote Originally Posted by pattenwalsh View Post
    I just like to say that we were very helpful in 2010 to Samantha Pett who posted a similar request here ,see https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...-Questionnair? and who subsequently went on to be awarded a Distinction overall for her MSc in Library and Information Studies.So worth helping if you can
    Congratulations to Samantha!! Where can we see the results of her study?

Mary Anne

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast