burgerbern

Default Help with an Italian name

Help, on my tree i have a father and daughter travelling from Italy to Canada in 1913 via New York, some other trees covering the pair have them down as husband and wife he is 38 and she is 17, i always look at the original scan of the document before i input any info and the first thing i saw was that he is listed as married and she as single, looking over at the section for next of kin in the country they are coming from it lists wife for him and underneath ditto mother for her, thus that confirmed my initial thought that they were father and daughter, trouble is i am having trouble reading the mothers name, i think it reads Bove Concella Regina and i have no idea on the last name and web searches have not helped on any of the names, if anyone here can read italian i am hoping they might recognise the name intuatively by its form,does not help that a check mark goes through it, a scan is attatched, thanks for any help that can be forthcoming

also could Jennie be a english equivelant for any of those names as his wife is listed as Jennie on his death cert.

burgerbern

I think the second name may be Concetta and not Concella after doing some more web searches.

Thomasin

If the second name begins with a 'G', which I think it does, then it could be the Italian equivalent of Jeannetta, therefore Jennie. Something like Gianetta?

Colin Moretti

Just in case you are not aware, Italian surnames are usually given first and women ofter retain their maiden name, so BOVE is probably the wife's maiden surname.

It's fairly common in Italy, go to
    https://www.
    gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/
    and enter bove in the Cognome box

You can also check first names by clicking on the Nomi tab

Colin