Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Grisel,
    I will have another look at the 2nd Scot's Guards.
    Macmerry and Gladsmuir area is full of Scott families and I do not know them all but the S.Scott you mention is my nephew and would know nothing of William.
    Perhaps I might contact the church in Gladsmuir to see if there are more records of the burial. Last time I looked in Scotlands People the records only show the purchase of a mortcloth, no parental names etc.
    Thanks for your help.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by gscott1 View Post
    Grisel,
    I will have another look at the 2nd Scot's Guards.
    Macmerry and Gladsmuir area is full of Scott families and I do not know them all but the S.Scott you mention is my nephew and would know nothing of William.
    Perhaps I might contact the church in Gladsmuir to see if there are more records of the burial. Last time I looked in Scotlands People the records only show the purchase of a mortcloth, no parental names etc.
    Thanks for your help.
    The Scots guards William Scott on the church memorial isn't buried in Gladsmuir as he died in battle. The other memorial to him I think is probably the one on the Loos memorial as the other Scots guard William Scott on the CWGC list had a different date of birth. But as you say there are a lot of William Scotts around Gladsmuir.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123