irelandmissed

Default Colin CAMERON+Ann CAMERON 1797 Scotland

I am looking for information on a man named Colin Cameron (he is a long distanced Grandfather), born in Scotland in 1797, died 1870. He married Ann Cameron on June 21st, 1831.
    Ann was a cousin to Colin, and a servant maid. She hailed from Lianachan. They immigrated directly to Canada after 3 months, and settled near the New Glasgow, Terrebonne Co, Quebec Province.

If you view my family tree site, you will find photographs of each. I am aiming to find out about any further family either had, brothers, sisters, parents, etc. I am just assuming that because Ann was from Lianachan, Colin was too, but i might be mistaken.
    I have a photograph of them, however I am unsure of how to upload it.

Name well known on Brit-Gen
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

irelandmissed

This is Ann Cameron.
    Hopefully it works.

Bertie

Hi irelandmissed

Hopefully you can add a bit more information to what you have posted above esp. regarding ANY additional details on Colin and Ann's background in Scotland: e.g.

- what kind of cousins are they? first etc., or anything to suggest how closely they are related and WHERE the family hails from
    - what evidence do you have for her being from Lianachan? Have you located any likely family or baptism from there?
    - who is connected to Kilmallie, Argyll (where they married) and what is the link to Lianachan?
    - is there any information on the marriage record?
    - why did they go to that part of Canada - family already there?
    - did any other family members come out later?
    - any clues from children's names (e.g. scottish naming pattern)? I notice they had a son John who died in 01 Dec 1923 age 80, Lambton, Ontario: any others?
    - any clues from censuses in Canada? e.g. what age do you have for Ann?
    - etc...

In terms of what I have found, which you undoubtedly have already but for the benefit of others who may like to help you,....

Colin CAMERON's death:

name: Colin Cameron
    calculated birth year: 1797
    country or province of birth: Scotland
    marital status: Married
    month of death and calculated year: Aug 1870
    religion: C Presb
    census place: 04, Warwick i, Lambton 04, Ontario, Canada
    page number: 1
    line number: 1
    library and archives canada film number: C-9897
    digital folder number: 004396602

However, he also seems to be in the 1871 census!

name: Colin Cameron
    calculated birth year: 1798
    country or province of birth: Scotland
    marital status: Married
    religion: C Presb
    census place: 04, Warwick i, Lambton 04, Ontario
    page number: 1
    line number: 1
    library and archives canada film number: C-9897
    digital folder number: 4396602

There is a Colin CAMERON born 09 Apr 1797 in Paisley, parents Hugh and Catherine though this can only be treated as speculative at this stage (but naming patterns might strengthen or weaken this).

Marriage: BOTH are in Kilmallie, Argyll; BOTH Colin CAMERON to Ann CAMERON; one is 15 Feb 1827 the other 21 Jun 1831. If anything, both of these are a little late for Colin unless he was married before possibly. However, I see that a Colin CAMERON and Ann CAMERON are having children in Kilmonivaig, Inverness from May 1828 to 1839 or so so that would seem to rule out the earlier marriage (but how strange to have two identical couples!)

Lots of questions - hopefully even small pieces of information might help!

irelandmissed

i am unsure of whether they were first or second cousins, but Ann's maiden name was Cameron, so I am thinking they may have been first or second.

I have a copy of the Cameron Clan Newsletter, a very old copy that isnt even dated. Information on Colin and Ann is such:

Colin Cameron was born in 1797 in Lochaber District, Invernesshire, Scotland. He married Ann Cameron, a cousin on June 21, 1831. Ann was from Lianachan and was a servant maid. Colin was from Killiviilin and was a shepard.

I am having trouble however confirming or discrediting any of that information.

Bertie

Kilmallie is a parish in Lochaber so that does not conflict with him being born in Lochaber district.

"Killiviilin" or variants is not coming up - what does your doc. state? it could be a place in Argyll

irelandmissed

Well everything is handwritten, and so im thinking i may be reading it wrong, as some is rather illegible. The newletter lists their children and also place of death a burial.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default I HAVE YOUR INFORMATION

I am related to them… I am a direct descendant of Colin and Ann Cameron. I have more information on them if you send me an email. They had 8 children and I am a descendent of their son Paul Cameron…. I have census records photos, marriage records, death I WILL SEND YOU PHOTOS AND INFORMATION ON REQUEST I KNOW IT HAS BEEN 10 YEARS BUT PLEASE EMAIL ME

honeyfirecastle AT gmail DOT com
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 29-11-2021 at 3:56 AM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

https://
    docs.google.com/document/d/1-B1a3P-cCWVnxMwjl2woSjFhbccqRYnE2k-K4gBtYvg/edit

I don’t know how to add a photo to here, so I have made a google docs with the image, here is the link.
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 29-11-2021 at 4:10 AM. Reason: Direct link to commercial site broken in accordance with our T&Cs.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Morgan,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.
    Unfortunately irelandmissed is no longer a member of the forum, as shown by the word 'guest' beneath their username, and we therefore have no contact details.

The link you've given in post #9 doesn't work. Says I can't access it as it is in violation of their Terms of Service.
    If you still want to upload images, these are the instructions.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...os-on-Brit-Gen

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”