Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Jan1954

Please be aware that details of living people are not allowed on the forum. Best course of action would be to talk about living people via the Private Message system or email.

Thanks,

Settling in

Hi Petra its Chris smith your great uncle Alfred's son. I am also looking into the family tree and was hoping to find out more about Ernest Jon smith. If you could help that would be great.

Many thanks Chris

Default Ernest John Smith

Hi,

Ernest John Smith b. 1875 Itchingfield, Sussex. Baptised 20 Oct 1875 Itchingfield, Sussex
    Father Robert Smith b. Scotland, Mother Charlotte b.Salisbury, Wiltshire

Ernest John married Elizabeth Mosby 30 Aug 1896 in Itchingfield, Sussex.

1901 Census has Ernest John and Elizabeth living in Lyminster together with two daughters: Elizabeth M aged aged 3 and Ethel A aged 1 - so that would make Elizabeth M Smith's birth about 1897/8. There is no sign of a daughter Rose so she was either born after 1901 or died in infancy. Ernest J's occupation is given as Railway Platelayer.

I have found a baptism for an Ethel Avis Smith baptised 03 Sep 1899 Itchingfield.

Elizabeth Mosby's place of birth is given as Brighton and the year as 1878.

1871, 1881 Census has Ernest John born in Itchingfield; 1901 census has him born in Barns Green (both within Horsham registration district and less than 1.5 miles apart).

Ernest John Smith's siblings born to Robert & Charlotte:
    Robert b. abt 1869 Heyshott
    Peter William abt 1871 Heyshott
    May E b. 1885 Sussex
    Fred 1887 Sussex

Settling in

hi this is chris thats same information as Malcolm 99 he could be croucher which is auntie flo grandson
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 07-02-2017 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Names of lots of potentially living people deleted in accordance with our T&Cs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Chris,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Sadly neither petraroe nor GBateman who would seem to be related to you have been active on the forum for four years now. You will have to hope that the email addresses they used when they registered for the forum are still active and that they will receive notification that someone has posted in this thread.

I've had to remove most of the names you posted in post #24 as they are probably still living. See our Terms and Conditions. https://www.british-genealogy.com/te...conditions.php

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

GBateman

Quote Originally Posted by Chris smith View Post
    Hi Petra its Chris smith your great uncle Alfred's son. I am also looking into the family tree and was hoping to find out more about Ernest Jon smith. If you could help that would be great.

Many thanks Chris
    Hi Chris
    That means we are related somehow too! (I had forgotten about this thread until today). Can you send me some more details so I can check them against what I've got?

GBateman

I kinda forgot about this site and thread

Settling in

im your great gran beal brother alf son my mum was auntie phyillis so your grandad my first cousin which makes your mum my second cousin i dont know yet some infomation might be auntie flo grandchildren until they say we dont know yet

Settling in

if you are my uncles bills granddaughter you will soon be at nan smiths grave or have you been and you are looking at gander tree
    because you have found me on Ancestry but What's
    Christ hospital got to do with gander its not nans brother Alf he's

not on the war memorial he did get killed in the world war 1 that's the one looked I go to the lunch tine concert so I have ca chance look next month I will ask if there' s a gander history It might be that nan or grandad gander worked there nan smith was the youngest of the thirteen so it might have been one of her brothers or do you already know

Settling in

I don't know whos put it through but grandad Robert smith farther was James smith and is mother was Margaret McKinnon and gran Margaret's farther was peter Mckinnon and her mother Janet colville

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast