Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
    Your other alternative is to make a trip to the National Library of Wales if possible.
    There also appear to be a handful of non-conformist records at Powys Archives in Llandrindod Wells, and as the main local record office, they are likely to hold other kinds of record which will help you. As a newcomer to their website I found it fairly easy to find information on what they hold - the Our Records link in the left hand menu seems to be a good way in.

Arthur

monicaj

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    They are absolutely free if you care to go to the National Archives. What you're paying for is the convenience of being able to view the records from home. I think you'd probably have to pay to look at quite a lot of online non-conformist records to match the cost of travelling to Kew.
    Absolutely - you've knocked the nail on the head - I have no doubt that at some point I will need to visit the Archives, but I'm weighing up the cost and time of visits to Archives, against subscribing to any information available online - Thanks again.

monicaj

Quote Originally Posted by arthurk View Post
    There also appear to be a handful of non-conformist records at Powys Archives in Llandrindod Wells, and as the main local record office, they are likely to hold other kinds of record which will help you. As a newcomer to their website I found it fairly easy to find information on what they hold - the Our Records link in the left hand menu seems to be a good way in.

Arthur
    Thanks Arthur - The records from my area of interest appear to be limited - but just going to take another look !!

ChrisJarman

Jarman / Jerman Montgomeryshire and area genealogy.
    I am one of the researchers and editors of the Jarman / Jerman Family Tree on Ancestry. This has been an ongoing project for over 40 years and we have been putting the research online since 2009. The family line originates on the Montgomeryshire / Radnorshire boarders but with many moving our to the surrounding counties and South to the valleys when significant coal mining started. Our extended tree covers all related families and includes comprehensive details on over 25,000 people with 50,000 records and 10,000 pictures. Anyone related please email [email protected].

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12