Settling in

Default William Crawley of Dundalk, County Louth

Can anyone help me with my search for my Great Grandfather? My grandfather was Henry Crawley born 22.8.1885 in Moreland, Dundalk. He was the son of William Crawley (Crolly/Crawly) and Mary Anne Crawley (formerly McCrave). William and Mary Anne married in Dundalk 1.12.1884. The 1901 census shows Henry living with his uncle and aunt - Henry and Mary McCrave. I can't find William and Mary Anne on the census and can't find a death for them either. I have a lot of info about Henry but William and Mary Anne are very elusive. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Kath4747; 30-10-2011 at 7:07 PM. Reason: more info

Knowledgeable and helpful

If Henry and Mary Anne were married in 1884, I wouldn't normally expect both to be dead by 1901. Therefore if Henry was with an aunt and uncle in 1901, I'd wonder if the parents have gone to Scotland or England to work, and left him them. (That was quite common). Have you checked both Scottish And English censuses for them? And what about the 1911 census, have you found any of the family in it?

Settling in

Thanks Elwyn - I never thought of them having come to England or Scotland. I will try that avenue. I have already looked at the 1911 Irish census for them with no success. Henry is in the RIC in 1911 living in Co Laois. He was in the RIC from 1906 (age 21) until disbandment in 1920 and then continued to live in Co Laois until his death in 1926.

paddyflood

Dear Kathy

I am enquiring in relation to finding more information about Henry Crawley

Please

Patrick Flood

email patrickefloodATgmailDOTcom
    Last edited by christanel; 17-04-2015 at 9:22 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

Dear Kathleen

I hope you are well

If possible please I am still very interested in finding out a bit more about Henry Crawley,

If possible please could you email me [email protected]

Kind Regards,

Patrick