Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    hank

Question PERRINGS SADDLEWORTH

Hi, i am trying to trace my maternal great grandparents,i have them on the 1891 census in saddleworth,my great grandfather was wm perring (b1852) his wife was charlotte perring,(b1851) they had five children rose,(1872) charles,(1873 my grandad) john,(b1880) polly,(b1882)louisa,(b1888).as with most people in those days they seemed to have moved regulary,i have the marriage of my grandad in cardiff in 1902 and his sister rose to albert lawton at saddleworth 1892.
    my grandparents emigrated to canada 1909 with their then three children my mother being the middle child aged 5,but had to return to uk because my grandad was taken ill,i have heard family stories that his sister rose was in canada and payed their passage out,could it be possible that all the perrings were there,i am not clued up on these things and have got nowhere.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    i have the marriage of my grandad in cardiff in 1902 and his sister rose to albert lawton at saddleworth 1892.
    my grandparents emigrated to canada 1909 with their then three children my mother being the middle child aged 5,but had to return to uk because my grandad was taken ill.
    Hi Hank,

Is this your grandfather in the 1911 census?

59 Cowbridge Road Pontyclun, Glamorgan (census crown copyright, care of the TNA)
    PERRING, Charles, head, 36, Assisting Black Smith, Yorkshire Blanking Davisford??
    PERRING, Annie, wife, 28, Lincolnshire Lincoln
    PERRING, Chalottie, dau, 8, Glamorgan Cardiff
    PERRING, Lilian Dorothy, dau, 6, Glamorgan Cardiff
    PERRING, Charles, son, 4, Glamorgan Cardiff
    PERRING, Emily, dau, under 12 month (? this is smudged), Canada

If so, they do seem to have been in Canada going by the youngest child's birthplace. On Family Search there is this record...

name: Emmily Minnie Perring
    event: Birth
    event date: 02 Jul 1910
    event place: Michipicoten, Algoma, Ontario
    father: Charles Perring
    mother: Annie Elizabeth Dougherty

I will have a look at passenger lists in a moment.

Hi, i am trying to trace my maternal great grandparents,i have them on the 1891 census in saddleworth,my great grandfather was wm perring (b1852) his wife was charlotte perring,(b1851) they had five children rose,(1872) charles,(1873 my grandad) john,(b1880) polly,(b1882)louisa,(b1888).
    There are a few trees on Ancestry that appear to have your great grandparents William PERRING and Charlotte (nee LINTERN.) These trees have a few more children for this couple and also have them emigrating to New Zealand.

I looked at passenger lists and found one with a Charlotte PERRING (45, married) and some children (John 11, Louisa 5, Mary 11 and William 21) travelling to Port Chalmers, New Zealand in 1894 on the ship Gothic.

hank

thank you ollie,that is them and the information is a big help, thanks again hank

that is them and the information is a big help, thanks again hank
    Do you have the PERRING family in the 1871 and 1881 census? We can post the information if you do not.

Also, do have have access to Ancestry, in case you want to look at those trees and check out their facts. If you have the relevant subscription you could also look at the New Zealand electoral rolls for PERRING entries.

If you also search the New Zealand BDM indexes there are death/marriage entries for Charlotte and William PERRING. There could be other PERRING entries for the children but I haven't checked yet. I can post you a link to the index for you.

Coromandel

In case you don't have them, hank, here are a few bits and pieces:

FamilySearch has these two entries:

Charles Perring bapt 23 May 1875 at Helme near Meltham, York[shire] (birthdate given as 26 March 1875), son of William Thomas Perring & Charlotte Parring.

Louisa Maude Perring bapt. 29 January 1888, Preston St Mark (born 25 Dec. 1887), dau of. William & Charlotte

The Lancashire Online Parish Clerks website confirms these details for Louisa's baptism and adds that the father was a dock labourer, and the abode 13 Whittingham Street.

Looking at Lancs BMDs, Louisa's birth registration is listed there with mother's maiden name shown as LINTRAN. I also noticed an Eliza Mary Perring (birth registered 1878, Gisburn subdistrict, registers held at Preston) this time with mother's maiden name LINTERN. I can't see a baptism for Eliza Mary on Lancs OPCs*, though, so haven't yet been able to confirm whether she is a sibling of Louisa.

*edit: her birth was registered in the Clitheroe district, some of which was in Lancashire and some in Yorkshire. Sadly, her death (at the age of 1) was also registered there in the first quarter of 1879.

hank

thank you for your information,it will help me a lot, i am so grateful.
    hank

hank

Hi ollie, no i dont have info on the 1871 or1881 census,i dont want to appear dim but by access to ancestry do you mean .co.uk and also would that be the best one to subscribe to.
    i would like to thank sincerely, hank.

Hi ollie, no i dont have info on the 1871 or1881 census
    I can post the census data for you in a moment.

by access to ancestry do you mean .co.uk and also would that be the best one to subscribe to.
    Yes, I meant Ancestry.co.uk

You ask if that would be the best site to sign up to. That's a bit like asking which is the best car to buy. I would recommend you look at the different subscription packages that Ancestry offer in order to decide if you want to part with your cash. From your introductory thread you said you were a beginner, so I would also recommend that you take your time and have a look at other sites as well in order to compare and decide which (if any) are right for you.

I started with Ancestry but also use findmypast.co.uk and thegenealogist.co.uk and in general, each of these pay sites has a different range of records. There are also a lot of free sites that are very useful, one example being Family Search.

Note: As you are new to this, please be aware that although I have mentioned there are trees on Ancestry that have your PERRING family, that any data from such trees should be verified by you independently through records such as BMD's. I say this because many trees do not include sources and/or include unverified and inaccurate data. In other words, just because a fact is on a tree does not make it correct and it has to be checked.

Back soon with the census data.

Loves to help with queries

Check to see if your local library has access to ancestry, many of them do. Then you could try before you buy!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast