Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PatMac

Red face PARNABY connections, anyone????

Is there ANYONE out here who is researching the PARNABY families in Durham? It's not one of the most "common" names, though they were fairly active in producing new Parnabys in some areas of Durham. Along with a couple of other researchers, I'm attempting to find as many of them as I can, in an attempt to find the "missing links" between our families.

At present, I have traced my line back to one Christopher Parnaby, born around 1760, who married a young lady named Ann Hardy, also about 1760. I'm the "fourth great-granddaughter" of this couple, and I'm sure there are quite a few other people living out there who have the same relationship to them that I do.

I know there were also Parnaby families in Yorkshire in the 18th and 19th centuries, and surely there are a few people in the UK who still bear that last name? Or can trace to it through the maternal line, as I have done?

Hoping to hear back soon from ANYONE who has an interest in this name!!

smallthings

I'm not researching this name but have found the following:

1891 South Shields census
    4161 71 25 Tyne Dock South Shields
    24 Union St
    John PARNABY Hd M 51 Coal Trimmer DUR Sunderland 9
    Mary PARNABY Wi M 50 DUR Sunderland
    Elizabeth PARNABY Da S 21 DUR Tyne Dock
    Isabella PARNABY Da S 16 DUR Sunderland
    John PARNABY So S 18 Boilermakers Appren. DUR Sunderland
    Robert PARNABY So S 14 DUR Sunderland
    Jenny PARNABY Da 10 Scholar DUR Sunderland
    Annie PARNABY Da 7 Scholar DUR Tyne Dock

Jan

PatMac

Thanks so much, will add this to my records for future use!

WALKER99

Hi I have Parnabys in my Tree Thomas William Parnaby Married one of my Walkers Ida at Ferryhill County Durham in 1914 Thomas William Was born Jul - sep 1887 Sadberge Durham Reg Dist the son of Thomas Parnaby and Jane Isabella Peverley who married between Jan - mar 1887 Darling reg district this thomas was born c 1863 Sadberge Durham and his mother was Elizabeth Parnaby born c 1839 Sadberge Durham she later married Robert French between april to June 1866 Darlington Reg District if you can help me an anyway I would be most gratefull

Judy2006

Thumbs up Parnaby's of Staindrop & Hamsterley, County Durham

Hi Pat

I am also related maternally to the Parnaby’s of Raby Park, Staindrop and Hamsterley that you mention. I am the 4th generation great granddaughter of Christopher Parnaby husband of Ann Hardy – who married 21 May 1787 in Hamsterley: (that was the only marriage I have found for him so far).
    Christopher and Ann’s children were:
    *John – baptised 7 Dec 1792 in Staindrop (of my line) his occupation was a
    Flax Dresser.
    Christopher – baptised 8 Feb 1791 in Staindrop (I believe he is one of
    yours?)
    Sarah – born about 1795 in Staindrop
    William - 8 Mar 1794 in Staindrop

Source of information from Staindrop St Mary’s parish registers and St James Hamsterley – microfiche

Would you be happy to share and compare notes? If so please email

Kind regards
    Judy

Judy2006

Default Re Parnaby's & Hardy's of Raby Park, Staindrop

Hi Pat

Thank you for your reply to my posting re Parnaby's and Hardy's of Raby Park, Staindrop.

I did try to email you but I seem to be having problems with my Hotmail (bloomin MSN again....sigh)

So could you contact me direct please, at:-

I will then happily send you details of my Parnaby research so far, we could then compare notes. I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards
    Judy
    Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2007 at 2:08 PM.

linhow

Smile Parnaby in Darlington Co Durham

Is there ANYONE out here who is researching the PARNABY families in Durham?
    Came across your message & was transported back to the 1960's when I was taught by the wonderful "Pop" Parnaby at Gladstone Street Secondary School in Darlington. A man of deadly aim with a piece of chalk & the most outrageous non sequiturs which certainly livened Maths lessons up for me!Looking back at my school records, I think his initials were T.H.

I know this doesn't really classify as solid research, but it might be a datum point!

toiras

Wink

Hi Pat,

I am a Parnaby (but the Yorkshire variety) we definitely do exist!

PatMac

Smile Yorkshire and Durham Parnabys

I'll take any kind of connection I can get- have nothing but respect for Yorkshire folks, since I was born there myself.- maternal lines mostly from Durham, ( know of any Blacketts pershaps?) paternal from Yorkshire, ( some going way way back) and Norfolk.

Where in Yorkshire did/do your folks live?

Hope to hear back soon,

Pat Mac

Gillian Ward

Default Parnaby Durham search

Hi all of you who are interested. I was born in 1948 in Sunderland, my father Alan Parnaby captained Durham County at Cricket before the war. His brother was Christopher and father Christopher who married Ann Herring. Cousins included an Ernie who lived out at Hetton. I am convinced that the current 'famous' Parnaby the footballer Stuart must be related but my son contacted him last year and his mother insisted he was not. There is also a good golfing Parnaby around so the good sportsman strain has to be there. I would love to know more about the family as a whole.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast