Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    terri1

Default parnaby of sunderland

in 1983 i worked for the parnaby brothers in sunderland
    there was twins george and aubry and older brother ernest
    they owned a pram and baby centre on hylton road, i know ernest died in the 90's but dont know what happened to twins, i know george had 2 sons one named andrew who will be in his 40's now but dont know about other son.
    they retired from shop in early 90's and dont know where they went from there. hope this is useful in some way

Gillian Ward

Thanks for reply Terri1.

I guess Ernest may well have been my fathers cousin. I am going to check this out with my cousin who may know a bit more.

M_Read

Default Durham Parnabys and Kidgells

I am searching for relatives of Elizabeth Adamson PARNABY nee KIDGELL. She married Thomas Henry Hebron PARNABY in Durham Parish Church in 1900. He was the son of Henry Hebron PARNABY and Robinna nee KNOX.
    Elizabeth's parents were James John KIDGELL and Margaret A REMMER. Margaret was also supposed to have come from Durham.
    Any relatives, please get in touch!
    Melissa, Perth, Western Australia

dannington

Default Parnaby Connection

Hi,
    My grandad's name was Parnaby and im trying to find out more about the histor of the name. Anyone that can shed any light on the name please get in touch.
    He lived in Sunderland in the north east of england.

James Corps

Parnaby query has reminded me that between 1970-1973 I was an insurance agent for Mrs Parnaby of Sadberge Co Durham. At the time Mr Parnaby had not been long dead.
    His claim to fame was that when a tree was planted on the Village green a photograpgh was taken of the children and when the branches reached the edge of the green Mr Parnaby was the only one living. Mrs Parnaby lived to a great age and was most often located in her garden, even on wet days Jim Corps

Rjudith

Hi I am not directly related to the Parnaby's but I have at least 55 in my tree from Sadberge, Durham through to Yorkshire 1740's. If anyone would like a list of names, DOB's etc I am happy to supply 'who' I have researched and what information I have I am more than happy share.
    Judith

Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terri1 View Post
    in 1983 i worked for the parnaby brothers in sunderland
    they owned a pram and baby centre on hylton road,
    3 years too late - and probably no help to anyone - but I went to Diamond Hall School in the 1950's with a PARNABY (can't even remember his christian name) and his parents owned and ran the shop you mention. I seem to remember they sold toy soldiers and farm animals etc and possibly bikes. I'm sure the pram and baby stuff was a later developement, but perhaps in those days it was only the toy soldiers and bikes that grabbed my attention!!
    Cheers, MTS

Tricia Gordon

Hi to all you Parnaby hunters. We are new to this site and are researching Parnaby's in Staindrop, County Durham and Yorkshire. We are also related to the Christopher who was married to Ann Hardy and would love to make contact with others. We have some info but are looking of more if anyone can help.

Famous for offering help & advice

I knew I'd come across the name somewhere - it just took me a few days to work out where. I was searching for some METCALFE ancestors and had a look at some Metcalfe wills in the hope that they might mention someone I knew of.

No luck there, but I discovered that the sole beneficiary of the will of Elizabeth METCALFE, singlewoman of Ripon (proved 1856, Prerogative Court of York) was Margaret PARNABY, wife of William Parnaby, innkeeper of Richmond. One interesting feature was that in the grant of probate Margaret was originally described as daughter of Elizabeth Metcalfe, but this had been crossed out. According to parish registers Elizabeth did have an illegitimate daughter Margaret - and this is evidently what became of her.

Arthur

nimblejacks

Judy i think i have a parnaby marrying a richard dealtrey also of raby where he was a whipper in (huntsman)on raby estate. will check details in the morning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast