aeracura

Default Maria Wood & Joseph Wootton

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting any further back from my 3x great grandmother, Maria Wood. According to the 1841,1851 and 1871 census it has her birthplace being Pelsall, but the 1861 census lists her as being born at Bloxwich. According to the IGI they were married at Hammerwich, Staffordshire on the 31st of May 1830 and it states that the information is from extracted records and not family tree information. He was a Boat Builder and they lived at Aldridge Wharf. I have Maria's birthdate as abt 1806 in Pelsall and I cannot find any information on who her parents were. Any information would be delightful!

~ Jo

Jan1954

Hello Jo,

Pelsall and Bloxwich are only a couple of miles apart and the Parsh Records for both are held at the Staffordshire Records Office. Perhaps you could whizz off an email to them as a visit appears to be rather awkward and ask if they have any trace of a baptism for young Maria in either of those parishes around the year that you mention. The baptism should name her parents.

aeracura

Thank you!! I'll do just that )

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi
    My mom's family are wood from bloxwich. Her dad was Leonard wallace wood born approximately 1908. Do they form part of your family tree. My mom was Joyce Wood and her brother Antony Leonard wood.