LilyAllenFan86

Default Moses John Nicholls and Eliza Trethewey

I am the great, great Granddaughter of Moses John Nicholls and his wife Eliza Trethewey through their youngest son Charles Sidney Nicholls who was born in Torquay in 1881, he married Mary Catherine Taylor in Briton Ferry, Glamorgan in 1906 and would have nine children eight daughters and one son, he died in Briton Ferry on April 12th 1966, he had served in the first world war and fought at the Somme and Pascheandaele.
    Moses John and Eliza had been married in Plymouth in 1868 and would go on to have a total of nine children, after 1901 the family can be found in London where Moses John died in 1906 in Chelsea, in 1911 his widow Eliza is living in Kensington with her youngest daughter Alice where Eliza works as a cook in a restaurant.
    Moses John was born in 1844 Shaugh Prior, Devon to William Nicholls (1795-abt 1875) and his second wife Elizabeth Short (1824, Shaugh Prior-1900, Ulverston, Lancashire), William had been married before and in totall from both marriages Fathered a total of eighteen children.
    Eliza had been born in 1844 in St Stephen in Brannel, Cornwall the youngest daughter of William Trethewey and his wife Jenifer Best, she was the youngest of nine children.

I would be interested to hear from anyone connected with this family especially maybe desendants of my great Grandfather's siblings.
    Kind Regards
    Beth

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I don't know if you would be interested in my family. Abraham Short and Elizabeth Ann Tall are my second great-grandparents and I have a little more information about their family.

Audrey.